Location: Orlando, FL - Specialty: Nurse Practitioner, Palliative Care
AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s ten campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Heart of Florida, Kissimmee, Lake Wales, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares.
AdventHealth Medical Group Palliative Care - Inpatient Opportunity – APRN or PA
Opportunity Serving AdventHealth Orlando
The APRN or PA-C, under the supervision of the Physician(s), who acts as the collaborative practitioner, is responsible for:
• Performs physical examinations and medical management of palliative care patients in the hospital setting including new consultations, admissions, follow up and discharging of patients per hospital protocol
• Primary hospital covered is the Orlando campus but could cover our other Central Florida campuses on an occasional basis.
• Provide symptom management for patients including pain, constipation, nausea, vomiting, dyspnea, delirium, anxiety and depression
• Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests, such as routine laboratory, X-ray, etc.
• Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
• Collaborates with physician and social workers as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
• Displays a caring and professional attitude at all time as well as maintaining personal and professional growth
• 5- 8hr days per week with potential future weekends included in the rotation
Required Knowledge and Skills:
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, patients, and the public.
• Desire to learn and improve skillset • Strong communication skills
• Ability to reflect on one’s own strengths and weaknesses
• Motivated to grow as a provider • Ability to handle elevated emotions and dying patients
• Comfort with a fast-growing department
• Competitive Salary
• Comprehensive Benefits
• Extremely low-cost health care premiums
• Relocation Assistance
• Master’s degree in Nursing or Physician Assistant studies
• 1 -2 years Inpatient Internal Medicine and/or Oncology experience is required
Required Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
• Current, valid Florida APRN or PA license
• ANCC, AANP (or equivalent) or NCCPA Certification
• Current BLS and ACLS required