Location: Orlando, FL - Specialty: Social Worker - Licensed Clinical (LCSW)
AdventHealth Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s eleven campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, AdventHealth for Children, East Orlando, Kissimmee, Orlando, Winter Park, Waterman, Winter Garden, and AdventHealth for Women
AdventHealth Medical Group Cardiac Surgery Critical Care at Central Florida
Full-time opportunity in an inpatient setting for a Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
Serving AdventHealth Orlando
The Mental Health Physician Extender is a licensed clinical professional (LMHC, LMFT) wo is a key member of the healthcare team working with patients and families in the critical care setting to address any barriers to mental and emotional health to support the organization's brand promise to Feel Whole. The Mental Health Professional works closely with Critical Care Intensivists to provide support services, psychological first aid, stress related coping, bereavement and navigation resources both within AdventHealth and the community. The Mental Health Professional provides coaching and intervention and is part of a multidisciplinary team that provides support for patients and family members facing critical illness diagnosis and care. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides short term supportive clinical interventions and resource navigation to family members to resolve presenting issues while conducting mental health rounding.
• Provide immediate intervention services for family members.
• Responds to and provides grief support to patients and families.
• Utilizes best practices in trauma-informed care.
• Participates in the development of strategies to support patients and family members dealing with emotional and mental health related needs.
• Participate in multi-disciplinary team meetings.
• Collaborates and partners with Critical Care Intensivists to extend patient and family conversations and care associated with mental and emotional support.
• Keeps current with trends and developments related to essential job competencies, and demonstrates continued growth.
• Maintains comprehensive community resources and networks to assist team members as they experience mental health and emotional issues.
• Collaborates with leadership and physicians in establishing a line of communication and understanding psycho-social determinants to attainment of ongoing best practices in patient communication, collaboration and support.
• Ensures patients and families are provided with effective communication of pertinent coping and mental health wellness information.
• Maintains accurate and detailed records of services provided.
• Participates in all training, supervision and case conferences as required.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Master’s degree as a LCSW or LMHC
• Psychiatry experience (preferred)
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, REGISTRATION:
• Current, valid Florida LCSW or LMHC license
• BLS & ACLS
• DEA License