Location: Orlando, FL - Specialty: Physician Assistant, Surgical: Cardiac
Congenital Heart Surgery - Surgical Physician Assistant
AdventHealth Medical Group Pediatric and Adult Congenital Heart Surgery
We are seeking a Certified Physician Assistant, PA-C to join a growing program and practice. The role involves direct care for infants, children, teenagers, and adults with congenital heart disease. The PA-C would work in outpatient and inpatient settings. They will also assist in the OR during surgery. The position involves collaboration between pediatric cardiology teams, neonatal ICU, pediatric ICU, and inpatient cardiology. All services would be under the supervision of the heart surgeons.
Our practice is led by two world renown congenital heart surgeons at the Walt Disney Pavilion at AdventHealth Orlando.
- Frank Pigula, M.D.
- Constantine Mavroudis, M.D.
Our Walt Disney Pavilion at AdventHealth Orlando is a full service, tertiary children’s hospital with over 200 dedicated pediatric beds, including a 22 bed PICU, 10 bed Cardiac ICU, 102 NICU beds at FHFC, with an extensive network of four other Level II NICU’s that bring our total number of NICU beds to over 150, 17 bed pediatric emergency department and statewide pediatric network and transport system. We started our comprehensive pediatric open-heart program in 2012 and have a strong track record of positive outcomes. We also have several key destination programs including our level IV Epilepsy program. Our unparalleled network consists of 26 hospitals across the state with one children’s hospital at the center and several extremely successful pediatric subspecialty programs including outreach clinics.
The PA-C, under the supervision of the Physician(s), who acts as the collaborative practitioner(s), is responsible for:
- Performs patient histories and physical exams of pediatric and adult congenital heart patients in the office and hospital setting
- Handles daily patient rounds within the Pediatric Cardiac ICU, patient education and discharge summaries
- First assisting in the OR, bedside procedures, ventilator management
- Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests (Labs, X-ray, etc.)
- Assist with hospital/Lab procedures as needed
- Assist patient and family with pre- and post-procedural education
- Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
- Collaborates with physician and staff as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
- Displays a caring and professional attitude at all time as well as maintaining personal and professional growth
- Research and database maintenance
- Competitive Salary, Comprehensive Benefits, Extremely low-cost health care premiums for single or family plans
- Relocation Assistance
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Desire to become part of a multi-disciplinary program
- Some evening and weekend on-call/rounding will be required
- Surgical Experience as a PA
- Current, valid Florida PA-C license
- Certification through NCCPA
- Experience with congenital heart disease