Location: Orlando, FL - Specialty: Certified Nurse Midwife
AdventHealth Medical Group OBGYN Orlando
Our Mission is to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Employees are hired to help Adventist Health System extend the healing ministry of Christ. They are expected to exhibit a continuous behavior of professionalism, which includes but is not limited to, treating customers and co-workers with respect and dignity, aligning behavior with customer service principles, maintaining customer and patient confidentiality, abiding by employee guidelines for professional behavior, exhibiting teamwork behaviors, being effective in conflict resolution, helping others to understand issues and accept changes, demonstrating high standards of work performance and flexibility, maintaining positive interdepartmental relationships, keeping a positive attitude, and adhering to the policies and procedures of the organization.
• Performs routine gynecological care for all ages.
• Performs gynecological problem visits.
• Evaluates pregnant and postpartum women including managing all aspects of pre-natal visits
• Performs the nursing duties related to midwifery including pregnancy, labor and delivery care, postpartum care, and newborn care.
• Educates women about different types of care available and encourages them to enhance their pregnancy by being involved.
• Orders, interprets and incorporates diagnostic tests, studies and lab values into the plan of care; evaluates effectiveness.
• Formulates appropriate diagnosis based on history, physical examination and clinical findings.
• Plans and provides care within the framework of policies, unit guidelines and privileges.
• Serves as OB/GYN team member working closely with physicians and other staff to ensure healthy pregnancies and deliveries.
• Prescribes pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic therapies according to privileges.
• Emphasizes patient education, active participation, clear communication between the provider and the women, and an individualized health care experience.
• Advocates birth education, natural childbirth, and the participation of the entire family.
• Teaches patients about all aspects of an infant’s reaction to its environment including but not limited to breast feeding and bonding.
• Communicates and documents pertinent case information in a timely and thorough manner.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Knowledge of midwifery principles and techniques.
• Knowledge of methods ensuring safe working environment for patient, family, and staff including using appropriate personal protection equipment.
• Knowledge of theories of family dynamics, mother-child attachment, parenting, and adult learning concepts.
• Monday-Friday; 8:00-5:00
• Call required; includes hospital rounding and overnight phone coverage
• Campus: AdventHealth Orlando, Waterford Lakes, Oviedo and Winter Garden
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Masters Degree in Nursing with Midwifery Certification
• Minimum three years of experience as RN; 2-5 years as midwife in hospital setting.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
• Current, valid FL APRN license
• Certification of Nurse Midwifery (CNM) program accredited by American College of Nurse Midwives (ACNM).