Location: Orlando, FL - Specialty: Nurse Practitioner, Cardiology
AdventHealth Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s eight campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Kissimmee, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares.
AdventHealth Medical Group Pediatric and Adult Congenital Cardiology at Orlando
Full Time opportunity serving AdventHealth for Children
AHMG Pediatric and Adult Congenital Cardiology is seeking an APRN to join a growing practice. The role is designed for an advanced practice provider who will focus on adult congenital heart disease care. The APP would work in outpatient and inpatient settings in our Orlando location as well as in satellite clinics, with some weekend call. The position involves collaboration between pediatric cardiology teams, neonatal ICU, pediatric ICU, inpatient cardiology, and adult cardiac subspecialty services. The candidate will work closely with the other adult congenital heart disease team members.
The AdventHealth Cardiovascular Institute is one of the busiest centers of its kind in the nation. We are a leading provider of cardiovascular and thoracic services among Medicare patients with national rankings that include: #1 in Cardiology volume, #1 in Vascular Surgery volume, #5 in Thoracic Surgery volume and #8 in Open Heart Surgery volume. The AH CVI is centered in a tertiary facility known as AdventHealth Orlando within our Ginsburg Tower. This 15-story sanctuary of healing offers patients a full range of comprehensive heart and vascular care, including 12 hybrid operating rooms housing electrophysiology, vascular and invasive cardiology.
The APRN, under the supervision of the Physician(s), who acts as the collaborative practitioner(s), is responsible for:
- Performs physical examinations, patient evaluation and treatment of adult and pediatric cardiology patients, along with fetal patients in the clinic and hospital setting
- Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests, such as laboratory, X-ray, etc.
- Assist Physician with hospital/Lab procedures
- Assist patient and family with patient education
- Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist
- Collaborates with physician and staff to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
- Research and database maintenance
- Collaborates with providers to assist with our Single Ventricle Program
- Competitive Salary, Comprehensive Benefits, Extremely low-cost health care premiums for single or family plan and Relocation Assistance
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Desire to become part of a multi-disciplinary pediatric and adult congenital cardiology program
- Some evening and weekend on-call/rounding may be required
- Master’s degree in Nursing
- 1-2-year experience in Adult and Pediatric congenital cardiology
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
- Current, valid Florida APRN license
- Certification through AANP, ANCC or other nationally recognized certification bo