Location: Orlando, FL - Specialty: Nurse Practitioner, Pediatric Acute Care
AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s ten campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Heart of Florida, Kissimmee, Lake Wales, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares.
PNP’s Needed for the Pediatric Hospitalist and Newborn Nursery Unit
PRN (per Diem) Opportunity Serving AdventHealth for Children
One of the premier children’s hospitals in the nation, AdventHealth for Children sets the standard for innovation, quality and comprehensive care. We have designed a hospital from the ground up that is a child-centric healing environment like no other.
In an effort to make our children feel safe and at ease, we have also assembled a world-class team of doctors, specialists, nurses and healthcare professionals who are second to none. At their disposal are some of the most advanced technologies, therapies and treatments available. We lead the way, not only in our approach to healthcare, but in research as well, finding new methods for treating children so we can improve outcomes.
We are proud to have the only bone marrow transplantation program in the region and our advanced neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) and pediatric intensive care unit (PICU) have international reputations of excellence.
The Pediatric APRN or Physician Assistant, under the supervision of the Physician, who acts as the collaborative practitioner, is responsible for:
- Performs admissions, consultations and follow up care of pediatric patients in the hospital setting
- Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests, such as routine laboratory, X-ray, etc.
- Educates patient and family on treatment plans, surgical procedures, pre and post-operative care, etc.
- Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
- Collaborates with physician and staff as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Enthusiastic team player
- Passion for pediatric patients and families
- Flexibility in current schedule, shifts are on an as needed basis
- Displays a caring and professional attitude at all times and actively participates in outstanding customer service
- Enhance the delivery of excellent, cost-effective health care
- Master’s degree in Pediatric Nurse Practitioner studies from an accredited program (Family Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant candidates will be considered with strong, relevant Pediatric RN or PA experience)
- 1-3 years in Pediatric APRN/PA-C experience; with a preference for inpatient experience
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
- Current, valid Florida APRN or PA-C license
- Certification by Pediatric Nursing Certification Board (PNCB) or NCCPA
- BLS, PALS, and NRP