Location: Orlando, FL - Specialty: Nurse Practitioner
AdventHealth Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s eight campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Kissimmee, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares.
Pediatric Cellular Therapy at AdventHealth Orlando
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) or Physician Assistant, PA-C
Central Florida’s first and only comprehensive bone marrow transplant center bringing nationally recognized for pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation. World class care at home. For more than a decade the Pediatric Cellular Therapy Practice has provided treatment and successful therapy for a variety of blood-related cancers and diseases. Pediatric Cellular Therapy Practice has treated more than 500 blood and marrow transplants. And, as Central Florida’s first and only comprehensive bone marrow transplant center, Pediatric Cellular Therapy Practice is certified by the Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy for meeting stringent volume and standard of care requirements. Pediatric Cellular Therapy Practice is also a member of the National Marrow Donor Program.
At the AdventHealth Children’s Center for Cancer and Blood Diseases, our mission is to cure and prevent childhood and adolescent cancer through scientific discovery and compassionate care. We are proud to have served the children of Central Florida for the past 16 years and as a full member of the Children's Oncology Group (COG), we offer patients the choice of participation in cooperative group clinical trials.
The APRN or PA-C, under the supervision of the Physician(s) who acts as the collaborative practitioner(s), is responsible for:
- Performs physical examinations of patients; evaluation and treatment of illnesses related to hematology, oncology and bone marrow transplant
- Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests
- Position entails managing/monitoring patients in the clinic, infusion center and hospital settings
- Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist
- Collaborates with physician supervisor and staff, to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
- Displays a caring and professional attitude at all time
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, patients, and the public; Strong communication skills
- Ability to work flexible schedule including call rotation, nights, weekends
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced clinic with highly acute patients
- Ability to provide quality customer service
- Master’s degree in Nursing or Physician Assistant studies
- Preferred ARNP or PA-C experience in Hematology/Oncology or BMT
- Preference will be given to candidates with Oncology nursing experience
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
- Current, valid Florida APRN or PA-C license
- Certification through ANCC, NCCPA or other nationally r