Location: Orlando, FL - Specialty: Nurse Practitioner, Pediatric: Cardiology
AdventHealth Medical Group Pediatric and Adult Congenital Cardiology at Orlando
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse, APRN
Full Time Opportunity at AdventHealth for Children- Orlando, FL
AHMG Pediatric and Adult Congenital Cardiology formerly known as Pediatric Cardiology Consultants is seeking an APRN to join a growing practice. The role is designed for an APP who will focus on caring for adult congenital heart disease. The APP would work in outpatient and inpatient settings in our Orlando location as well as in satellite clinics, with some weekend call. The position involves collaboration between pediatric cardiology teams, NICU, PICU, inpatient cardiology, adult cardiac subspecialty services, and other adult congenital heart disease team members.
The AdventHealth Cardiovascular Institute is one of the busiest centers of its kind in the nation. We are a leading provider of cardiovascular and thoracic services among Medicare patients with national rankings that include: #1 in Cardiology volume, #1 in Vascular Surgery volume, #5 in Thoracic Surgery volume and #8 in Open Heart Surgery volume. The AH CVI is centered in a tertiary facility known as AdventHealth Orlando within our Ginsburg Tower. This 15-story sanctuary of healing offers patients a full range of comprehensive heart and vascular care, including 12 hybrid operating rooms housing electrophysiology, vascular and invasive cardiology.
The APRN, under the supervision of the Physician(s), who acts as the collaborative practitioner(s), is responsible for:
- Physical examinations of patients; evaluation and treatment of adult and pediatric cardiology patients, along with fetal patients in the clinic and hospital setting
- Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests, such as laboratory, X-ray, etc.
- Assist with hospital/Lab procedures as needed
- Eduacate patient and families
- Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist
- Provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
- Displays a caring and professional attitude at all time as well as maintaining personal and professional growth
- Research and database maintenance
- Collaborates with providers to assist with our Single Ventricle Program
- The hospital is currently going through accreditation for their Adult Congenital Cardiology program. Thus, applicants with experience in Adult congenital cardiology will be given stronger consideration.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, patients, parents and hospital medical staff
- Desire to become part of a multi-disciplinary pediatric and adult congenital cardiology program
- Some evening and weekend on-call/rounding may be required
Required Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Nursing from an accredited College or University
- 2-4 years of experience in Adult and Pediatric Congenital Cardiology
Licensure, Certification, and Registration Required:
- Current, valid Florida APRN license (or eligible)
- Certification through AANP, ANCC or other nationally recognized certification body (or eligible)