Location: Orlando, FL - Specialty: Nurse Practitioner
AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s ten campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Heart of Florida, Kissimmee, Lake Wales, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares
AdventHealth Medical Group Gastroenterology and Hepatology at Orlando
Physician Assistant, PA-C or Advanced Practice Registered Nurse, APRN
Full-time Outpatient opportunity located at AdventHealth Orlando
The APRN or PA, under the supervision of the Physician(s) who acts as the collaborative practitioner(s), is responsible for:
• Performing physical examinations of patients, evaluation, and treatment of patients with IBD or other GI related conditions
• Ordering and interpreting appropriate diagnostic tests, such as labs and imaging.
• Monitoring the patient’s course of treatment and making appropriate referrals to other specialists, as needed
• Collaborating with physician supervisor to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
• Displaying a caring and professional attitude at all times
• Managing patients with various conditions related to the full scope of the digestive system, liver functions and esophagus including but not limited to: Barrett’s Esophagus, Colorectal Cancer Screening, Colonoscopy, Capsule Endoscopy, ERCP, GERD, IDB, Crohns, Ulcerative Colitis, Liver Disease/Failure, Upper GI Disorders, GI Bleeds
• Documenting in a timely and thorough manner.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, staff, and patients.
• Strong communication skills
• Strong medical decision-making skills
• Schedule Details: Monday – Friday out-patient
• Call Coverage: one weekend a month.
• Hospitals covered: AH Orlando
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Master’s degree in Nursing or Physician Assistant studies
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, REGISTRATION:
• Current, valid Florida PA or APRN license
• Certification by NCCPA, ANCC or other nationally recognized certification organization
• BLS & ACLS