Location: Orlando, FL - Specialty: Physician Assistant, Surgical: Cardiovascular
AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s ten campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Heart of Florida, Kissimmee, Lake Wales, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares.
AdventHealth Medical Group Pediatric and Adult Congenital Heart Surgery
Full Time Opportunity for a Surgical Physicain Assistant Serving Adventhealth for Children
We are seeking a Certified Physician Assistant, PA-C to join a growing program and practice. The role involves direct care for infants, children, teenagers, and adults with congenital heart disease. The PA-C would work in outpatient and inpatient settings. Also, he/she will assist in the OR during surgery. The position involves collaboration between pediatric cardiology teams, neonatal ICU, pediatric ICU, and inpatient cardiology. All services would be under the supervision of the heart surgeons.
Our practice is led by world renown congenital heart surgeon at the Walt Disney Pavilion at AdventHealth Orlando.
The PA-C, under the supervision of the Physician(s), who acts as the collaborative practitioner(s), is responsible for:
- Performs patient histories and physical exams of pediatric and adult congenital heart patients in the office and hospital setting
- Handles daily patient rounds within the Pediatric Cardiac ICU, patient education and discharge summaries
- First assisting in the OR, bedside procedures, ventilator management
- Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests, such as laboratory, X-ray, etc.
- Assist Physician with hospital/Lab procedures as needed
- Assist patient and family with pre- and post-procedural education
- Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
- Collaborates with physician and staff as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
- Displays a caring and professional attitude at all time as well as maintaining personal and professional growth
- Research and database maintenance
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, patients, parents and hospital medical staff
- Desire to become part of a multi-disciplinary program
- Some evening and weekend on-call/rounding will be required
- Surgical Experience as a PA is required
- Experience with congenital heart disease
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
- Current, valid Florida PA-C license (or eligible)
- Certification through NCCPA
- Current BLS and ACLS