Location: Orlando, FL - Specialty: Physician Assistant, Orthopedics
AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG's advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth's ten campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Heart of Florida, Kissimmee, Lake Wales, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares.
Physician Assistant, PA-C, Full-Time Career Opportunity
AdventHealth Medical Group Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery
AdventHealth for Children- Orlando, FL
We are seeking a Certified Physician Assistant, PA-C to join a growing program and practice. The role involves orthopedic management of patients ranging from newborn to early adulthood. This individual would work in outpatient and inpatient settings as well as assist in surgery.
The PA-C, under the supervision of the Physician(s), who acts as the collaborative practitioner(s), is responsible for:
• Performing histories and physical exams on pediatric orthopedic patients in both the office and hospital
• Handling daily patient rounds, patient education and discharge summaries
• Ramp up independent patient management and fracture care with follow up visits
• First assisting in the Operating Room
• ED trauma call coverage
• Other procedures which include but are not limited to: Joint injections, aspirations, cast application, dressing changes, fracture reduction, traction pin placement
• Ordering and interpreting appropriate diagnostic tests, such as laboratory, X-ray, MRI, etc.
• Assisting patient and family with pre- and post-procedural education • Monitoring the patient’s course of treatment and places orders for referral to the appropriate specialist.
• Collaborating with physician and staff to provide consistent care to both the parents and the patients.
• Displays a caring and professional attitude at all time as well as maintaining personal and professional growth
• Research and database maintenance
• Flexibility to cover all locations: Main Outpatient office location: Orlando Satellite offices: Daytona and Winter Garden
• Hospitals covered: AH Orlando, AH Children’s and Winter Garden
• Schedule is Monday – Friday
• One weekend and two weeknights of call per month
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, patients, and the public; Strong communication skills
• Ability to work flexible schedule including call rotation, nights, weekends
• Ability to excel in a fast-paced clinic with highly acute patients
• Master’s degree in Physician Assistant studies
• Experience a PA-C in Pediatric Orthopedic (highly preferred)
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
• Current, valid Florida APRN or PA license
• ANCC, AANP, NCCPA (or equivalent) certification
• BLS and ACLS required