Location: Orlando, FL - Specialty: Nurse Practitioner
AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth is a national leader in quality, safety, and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s ten campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Heart of Florida, Kissimmee, Lake Wales, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares
AdventHealth Medical Group Colorectal Surgery at Orlando, Physician Assistant, PA-C or Advanced Practice Registered Nurse, APRN
Full-time In-patient opportunity located at AdventHealth Orlando
The APRN, under the supervision of the Physician(s) who acts as the collaborative practitioner(s), is responsible for: Clinical Responsibility
• Performing health assessments including patient history and physical examination
• Performs diagnostic procedures according to privileges and maintains log.
• Conditions treated include but are not limited to: Anal Abscess/Fistula, Anal Cancer, Colon and Rectal Cancer, Lower GI bleeding, Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Diverticular Disease, Ostomy, and Intestinal fistula care.
• Orders, interprets, and incorporates diagnostic tests, studies, and lab values into the plan of care; evaluates effectiveness.
• Formulates appropriate diagnosis based on history, physical examination, and clinical findings.
• Plans and provides care within the framework of policies, unit guidelines and privileges.
• Orders pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic therapies according to privileges.
• Provides ongoing patient/family and staff education.
• Collaborates with all members of the healthcare team including family.
• Documents in a timely and thorough manner.
• Communicates report in an efficient and complete manner.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, staff, and patients.
• Strong communication skills
• Strong medical decision-making skills
• Schedule Details: Fulltime in-patient responsibilities. 4–10-hour days.
• Two weekends a month
• Hospitals covered: AH Orlando
Required Education & Experience:
• Master’s degree in Nursing or Physician Assistant (PA-C) Studies
• Experience with inflammatory bowel disease and surgical care, wound, ostomy and EC fistula care (preferred)
Licensure, Certification and Registration:
• Current, valid Florida APRN or PA-C license
• Current, valid DEA license
• Certification by NCCPA, ANCC or other nationally recognized certification organization