Location: Orlando, FL - Specialty: Nurse Practitioner
Opportunities in the Advanced Cardiac Surgical Unit (ECMO unit)
At AdventHealth we believe it’s about more than mending what’s broken and healing what hurts, it’s about compassionate, lifelong, whole-person care. Start changing lives today by joining a healthcare system where we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion.
#1 in Orlando “America's Best Hospitals 2021-2022." - U.S. News & World Report
#3 Hospital in the State of Florida 2021
“Center of Excellence” Platinum Center by the ELSO organization for 2021, the only Platinum Center in the SouthEast and one of thirteen centers to achieve this accomplishment for Adult Centers in the U.S.
AdventHealth Cardiovascular Institute is the number one heart transplant group in the Southeast performing more transplants per year than any other transplant center in the Southeast with patient survival rates over 82% after 3 years. We have expanded our 8 bed ECMO unit to a 32 bed ECMO unit at the beginning of this year. We are looking for PA’s and APRN’s who enjoy a challenge and have a passion for medical devices and complex patients to join our growing team. The APP would serve our patients by providing direct clinical services for critically ill adult patients with cardiac or multi-system failure.
Duties and Responsibilities: The APP would be expected to complete the following under physician direction and within the credentialing standards of the Hospital:
• Assess patients for changes in condition and institutes appropriate interventions, including initiation of necessary emergency care.
• Procedures performed but not limited to: Chest Tubes, arterial catheters, central venous catheters, pulmonary artery catheters, temporary pacemakers, airway management, and defibrillation
• Participates and assists with the pre-, peri-, and postoperative management of the cardiac transplant, VAD, MCS, and ECMO patients
• Performs and participates in quality/performance improvement activities and clinical research.
• The shifts will include days, nights, two weekends per month and holiday rotation.
• Hours are either 5 AM – 5 PM (Day), or 5 PM to 5 AM (night)
• 14 (12-hour) shifts required per month
Experience and Requirements:
• Experience as an APRN or PA in Critical Care, that are willing to learn CV side
• Experience with transplant patients, L-VAD, Circulatory Assist Device, CABG’s (highly preferred)
• Experience in CICU or CVICU as an RN (highly preferred)
• ECMO experience (highly preferred)
• Master’s Degree in Physician Assistant Studies or Nursing with Acute Care Certification (Required)
• Board Certification through NCCPA, ANCC or AACN
• BLS, ACLS, CALS, FCCS, certifications or eligible
Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life.
• Generous sign on bonus
• Relocation Assistance
• Competitive salary with annual incentive and extra shift potential
• 403(b) retirement plan with employer contribution
• CME allowance
• Occurrence Based Malpractice
• First day health insurance with extremely low healthcare premiums
• Paid Leave days
Start your life-changing journey today!