Location: Orlando, FL - Specialty: Nurse Practitioner
AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth is a national leader in quality, safety, and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s ten campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Heart of Florida, Kissimmee, Lake Wales, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares
AdventHealth Medical Group Colorectal Surgery
Lead Advanced Practice Registered Nurse, APRN or Physician Assistant, PA
Full-time Outpatient opportunity located at AdventHealth Orlando
The APRN or PA, under the supervision of the Physician(s) who acts as the collaborative practitioner(s), is responsible for:
• Works in conjunction with provider scheduler to formulate staffing schedules/leave requests
• Manages and coordinates APP programs and activities
• Participates in recruitment of and hiring of APPs
• Provides feedback for annual evaluations
• Participates in process and continuous improvement projects
• Serves as liaison between APPs with nursing, physicians, and administration
• Embodies teaching and mentoring role for APPs and students
• Performing health assessments including patient history and physical examination
• Performs diagnostic procedures according to privileges and maintains log.
• Conditions treated include but are not limited to: Anal Abscess/Fistula, Anal Cancer, Colon and Rectal Cancer, Lower GI bleeding, Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Diverticular Disease, Ostomy and Intestinal fistula care.
• Orders, interprets, and incorporates diagnostic tests, studies and lab values into the plan of care; evaluates effectiveness.
• Formulates appropriate diagnosis based on history, physical examination, and clinical findings.
• Plans and provides care within the framework of policies, unit guidelines and privileges.
• Orders pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic therapies according to privileges.
• Provides ongoing patient/family and staff education.
• Collaborates with all members of the healthcare team including family.
• Documents in a timely and thorough manner.
• Communicates report in an efficient and complete manner.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, staff, and patients.
• Strong communication skills
• Strong medical decision-making skills
• Schedule Details: Monday – Friday
Required Education & Experience:
• Master’s degree in Nursing (APRN) or Physician Assistant (PA) studies
• Experience with colorectal or general surgical care (preferred)
Licensure, Certification and Registration:
• Current, valid Florida APRN license or PA license