Location: Tampa, FL - Specialty: Nurse Practitioner
Opportunities in the Cardiovascular ICU – AdventHealth Central Florida (Tampa)
At AdventHealth we believe it’s about more than mending what’s broken and healing what hurts, it’s about compassionate, lifelong, whole-person care. Start changing lives today by joining a healthcare system where we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion.
America’s Best Employers by State - Forbes
Duties and Responsibilities:
The APP would be expected to complete the following under physician direction and within the credentialing standards of the Hospital:
• Assess patients for changes in condition and institutes appropriate interventions, including initiation of necessary emergency care.
• Procedures performed but not limited to: Chest Tubes, arterial catheters, central venous catheters, pulmonary artery catheters, temporary pacemakers, airway management, and defibrillation
• Participates and assists with the pre-, peri-, and postoperative management of the cardiac transplant, VAD, MCS, and ECMO patient in the and CVICU’s.
• Performs and participates in quality/performance improvement activities and clinical research.
• Ability to provide in-hospital coverage on a rotating shift basis.
• 14 (12-hour) shifts required per month
• Predominantly days
• Campus: AdventHealth Tampa
Experience and Requirements:
• Experience as an APRN or PA in Critical Care, that are willing to learn CV side
• Master’s Degree in Physician Assistant Studies or Nursing with Acute Care Certification (Required)
• Board Certification through NCCPA, ANCC or AACN
• Experience with transplant patients, L-VAD, Circulatory Assist Device, CABG’s (highly preferred)
• ECMO experience (highly preferred)
• BLS, ACLS, CALS, FCCS, certifications or eligible
Benefits for working for AdventHealth
• Relocation Assistance
• Competitive salary with annual incentive and extra shift potential
• 403(b) retirement plan with employer contribution
• CME allowance
• Occurrence Based Malpractice
• First day health insurance
• Paid Leave days
The population of Tampa is approximately 392,800 making it the 3rd largest city in Florida and the 53rd largest city in the United States. Tampa is part of the metropolitan area most commonly referred to as the "Tampa Bay Area" which has an approximate population of 3.1 million. It is located on the west coast of Florida with an average annual temperature of 73.1 degrees. Tampa's economy is founded on a diverse base that includes tourism, agriculture, construction, finance, health care, government, technology, and the port of Tampa which is the largest port in the state of Florida. Tampa is also home to the NFL’s Tampa Bay Buccaneers. You will also find other professional sports teams for baseball, hockey and major league soccer. When not at work or enjoying a night out locally you take a break on some of Florida's most popular shorelines, including Clearwater Beach, Honeymoon Island State Park and Treasure Island are located less than an hour from downtown Tampa. Start your life-changing journey today!