Location: Orlando, FL - Specialty: Physician Assistant
AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s ten campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Heart of Florida, Kissimmee, Lake Wales, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares.
AdventHealth Medical Group Breast Surgery
Surgical Physician Assistant (PA-C)
Full time inpatient Position and Outpatient Responsibilities
Serving AdventHealth Altamonte, Orlando, Celebration & Kissimmee
• Performs patient histories and physical exams in the office and hospital setting
• Exhibits autonomy in the operating room when required
• Performs first assistant duties.
• Meets the specific needs of the attending surgeon, often assisting several surgeons in a single practice
• Has exacting knowledge of each surgeon's idiosyncrasies to expedite the procedure and limit patient morbidity and mortality
• Uses knowledge of medical model to promote synergistic relationship between physician and PA
• Post-op- Writes orders in the recovery room, talks with family, visits patients performs post op procedures and more
• Discharge planning – Dictates discharge summaries, writes prescriptions, explain discharge instructions, confirms follow-up appointments and more
• Orders appropriate laboratory and radiographic tests
• Return phone calls from patients
• Performs physical examination of patient's with breast disease in the office setting to formulate a clinical plan of action.
• Assists with minor office procedures such as biopsies, dressing changes as well as drains
• Orders and interpret appropriate diagnostic tests for patient care
• Collaborates with Drs. Devina McCray, Lisa Minton, Walter Hayne, Jeremy John, or Josephine Shinn on every patient case
• Surgery assist based on all providers surgery schedule.
• Uses knowledge of medical model to promote synergistic relationship between the physician and the physician assistant.
• Assists with cancer program metrics and will attend all multidisciplinary tumor conferences except for when on vacation or while on personal leave.
• Collaborates with the office staff as necessary to provide consistent continuity of patient care and support to staff.
• Schedule is Monday – Friday from 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM with some flexibility depending on surgery
• Potential Call rotation 1 weekend a month o includes hospital rounding and overnight call
• Inpatient and Outpatient responsibilities as needed
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Enthusiastic team player
• Passion for Breast Surgery
• Willingness to learn
• Flexible, adaptable to change
Education and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Physician Assistant Studies
• 1-3 Years of experience as a PA-C in Brest Surgery as a surgical first assist
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
• Current, valid Florida PA-C license
• ANCC, NCCPA (or equivalent) cer