Location: Orlando, FL - Specialty: Psychologist, Pediatric
AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s eight campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Kissimmee, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares.
Pediatric Developmental Psychologist
Full Time Position
AdventHealth Medical Group Developmental Pediatrics at Orlando
The Licensed Psychologist will work in a collaborative multidisciplinary team with physicians and advanced practice providers in determining patient’s comprehensive plan of care. The Licensed Psychologist will identify psychological, emotional, or behavioral issues and diagnose disorders, using information obtained from interviews, tests, records, and reference materials. The Licensed Psychologist has the knowledge and ability to work with pediatric patients from birth to 18-21 years of age and their families.
General Summary: The developmental Psychologist is responsible for but not limited to:
- Perform diagnostic tests for new patients, additional testing for already established patients
- Ability to perform Mullen, WISC V, WPPSI, TONI, Bayley, Kaufmann Assessment, CARS-2, and ADOS-2 Testing
- Interview patients and families, perform diagnostic testing
- Provide diagnosis based on assessments, testing and evaluation
- Develop and recommend treatment plans based on patient needs and diagnosis
- Completes all necessary clinical documentation in an accurate and timely manner
- Plans and provides care within the framework of policies, unit guidelines and privileges.
- Collaborates with all members of the healthcare team including family to provide preeminent care.
- Communicates report in an efficient and complete manner.
Required Education, Certification and Experience:
- Doctorate Degree in Psychology or Ph.D.
- Active, valid Florida License in Psychology
- Experience as a school psychologist (Preferred)
- Psychologist experienced in pediatrics with familiarity with the testing listed above (Preferred)
- Spanish a plus!