Location: Davenport, FL - Specialty: Certified Nurse Midwife
AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s ten campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Heart of Florida, Kissimmee, Lake Wales, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares
OBGYN at Davenport, Winter Haven and Lake Wales - Certified Nurse Midwife
Full-time inpatient and outpatient opportunity
AdventHealth Heart of Florida and AdventHealth Lake Wales
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Evaluates pregnant and postpartum women in triage, walk-in labor & delivery patients
• Evaluates pregnant and postpartum women including managing all aspects of pre-natal visits
• Performs the nursing duties related to midwifery including labor and delivery care, care after birth, and newborn care.
• Educates women about different types of care available and encourages them to enhance their pregnancy by being involved. • Orders, interprets and incorporates diagnostic tests, studies and lab values into the plan of care; evaluates effectiveness.
• Formulates appropriate diagnosis based on history, physical examination and clinical findings.
• Plans and provides care within the framework of policies, unit guidelines and privileges.
• Serves as OB/GYN team member working closely with physicians and other staff to ensure healthy pregnancies and deliveries.
• Prescribes pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic therapies according to privileges.
• Emphasizes patient education, active participation, clear communication between the provider and the women, and an individualized health care experience.
• Advocates birth education, natural childbirth, and the participation of the entire family.
• Teaches patients about all aspects of an infant’s reaction to its environment including but not limited to breast feeding and bonding.
• Communicates and documents pertinent case information in a timely and thorough manner.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Midwifery principles and techniques.
• Methods ensuring safe working environment for patient, family, and staff including using appropriate personal protection equipment.
• Theories of family dynamics, mother-child attachment, parenting, and adult learning concepts.
• Schedule is as needed basis, schedule is available 3 months in advance
• Participation in Holiday rotation required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Master’s Degree in Nursing with Midwifery Certification
• 1-3 years as midwife in hospital setting
• 1-3 years as a midwife in the outpatient setting
• Minimum three years of experience as RN including Labor and Delivery in a high-risk center
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
• Certification of Nurse Midwifery (CNM) program accredited by American College of Nurse Midwives (ACNM)
• Current BLS and ACLS
• DEA Licensure (Preferred but not required)