Location: Altamonte Springs, FL - Specialty: Physician Assistant
AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s ten campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Heart of Florida, Kissimmee, Lake Wales, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares
AHMG Spine Health at Altamonte – PA
AdventHealth Altamonte, AdventHealth Celebration and AdventHealth Orlando are home to Certified Spine Surgery Programs by DNV GL - Healthcare Accreditation Services. AdventHealth is the first hospital system in the state of Florida to achieve this certification.
We are offering a competitive sign-on bonus incentive to experienced spine surgery candidates.
Serve as an integral role in the global management of spine health patients, including all aspects of peri-operative while performing patient histories, invasive/minimally invasive surgical procedures and providing outpatient care in the clinic.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs patient histories and physical exams in the office
• Orders appropriate diagnostic and labs
• Works collaboratively with multidisciplinary team including: surgeon, physical therapy, pain management, physiatry, pain psychologist, nutritionist
• Handles daily patient rounds, patient education and discharge summaries
• Conditions Treated: Arthritis, Neck and back Pain, Cauda Equina Syndrome, Cervical Fracture, Cervical Radiculopathy, Cervical Spondylosis, Congenital Torticollis, Fracture of the Thoracic and Lumbar Spine, Herniated Disk, Kyphosis (Roundback) of the Spine, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Sciatica, Spinal Cord Compression, Spondylolysis and Spondylolisthesis • Ability to treat, diagnose and manage full scope of patient care covering the conditions noted above
• Exhibits autonomy in the operating room, clinic and hospital when required
• PA will spend approximately 3 days a week in clinic and the remaining 2 days in the OR
• Performs first assistant duties in the OR on all spine surgical cases including but not limited to: Discectomies, Decompressions, Microdiscectomies, fusions, Laminectomy, Fixations, stabilizations, resections, Instrumentation, Vertebroplasty, Kyphoplasty, Scoliosis correction etc.
• Monday-Friday; 7:45-5:00
• Campus: AdventHealth Altamonte
• Master’s Degree in PA Studies
• 1-2 yrs experience in Spine Surgery as a surgical first assist
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
• Current, valid Florida PA-C license
• NCCPA or other nationally recognized accreditation organization