Location: Orlando, FL - Specialty: Pediatric, Hematology / Oncology
AdventHealth for Children is seeking a dynamic, energetic, and hardworking physician in Pediatric Stem Cell and Bone Marrow Transplant to lead our team based at the Walt Disney Pavilion (website) in Orlando, Florida. The ideal candidate would be driven to continue development of our vibrant, comprehensive pediatric BMT program in coordination with one of the largest hospital networks in the country. New physician would work collaboratively with our Pediatric Cellular Therapy physicians, pediatric hematology / oncology program (currently three full time physicians) and our adult BMT program (four full time physicians). We have a dedicated BMT unit as part of AdventHealth for Children and our program sees approximately 50 new oncology patients per year. Our pediatric cellular program is FACT accredited and has averaged 27 transplants per year over the last three years.
Requirements of the position:
- At least five years practice post fellowship training
- Fellowship in Pediatric Bone Marrow Transplantation & Cellular Therapy
- ACGME accredited fellowship in Pediatric Hematology and Oncology.
- Board certification by the American Board of Pediatrics and American Board of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology.
- Must also be eligible for unrestricted Florida medical license.
- Prior leadership experience is preferred but not required.
- Experience with sickle cell within transplant would also be preferred.
There are also research opportunities available through our AdventHealth Cancer Institute, (website) and Center for Pediatric Research, as well as teaching opportunities through our Pediatric Residency Program. A faculty appointment with the University of Central Florida College of Medicine is available as well.
Working with an expanding children’s hospital, an established and successful employment group with a strong referral base, a large inpatient consult population, and a competitive benefits / compensation package are just a few of the many reasons why this is an excellent career opportunity to consider.