Location: Winter Park, FL - Specialty: Neuropsychology
AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s ten campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Heart of Florida, Lake Wales, Kissimmee, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares.
AdventHealth Medical Group Neuropsychology
Full Time Opportunity for a Clinical Neuropsychologist – Lifespan (16+; Adult emphasis)
Serving the AdventHealth Winter Park and Orlando Community
AHMG Neuropsychology located in Winter Park, Florida is seeking to hire a clinical neuropsychologist to provide comprehensive neuropsychological services to our diverse patient population with an emphasis on adults 16+ years of age. We are seeking a fellowship trained, board eligible/certified clinical neuropsychologist with experience in assessment and treatment of a wide range of neurological, cognitive, and behavioral conditions. This may include adults presenting with a history of childhood onset conditions, new onset adult neurological injury and/or disease, and neurodegenerative disorders. The neuropsychology team is part of the AdventHealth Neuroscience program and works closely with multiple multidisciplinary medical teams including neurosurgery, oncology, memory disorder clinic, and rehabilitation medicine to provide services to patients with a wide range of conditions.
• Typical referrals include: Medical and neurological conditions such as TBI, concussion, brain tumor, seizure disorder, autoimmune disorders, memory disorders, and neurodegenerative conditions.
• The provider will also see: Adults presenting with ADHD, learning disability, developmental delays, and neuro-behavioral disorders with anxiety, depression, and other co-morbid psychosocial, behavioral and psychiatric concerns.
• This position is primarily clinical and heavily assessment focused; however, delivery of psychotherapy and treatment is also expected (approximately 10-20%) primarily in following patients initially seen for neuropsychological evaluation.
• There are ample opportunities for supervision of graduate students and post-doctoral fellows, and participation in didactic seminars as presented and attendee (e.g., tumor boards, grand rounds).
• The possibility of conducting research is also available.
• Provide comprehensive services including assessment, parent and family consultation and education, and interventions for patients.
• Work closely with AdventHealth’s Sports Concussion Program and local high school athletic programs, performing brief and comprehensive assessments, concussion management, and education regarding return to play.
• Combination of outpatient and inpatient responsibility.
• Campuses covered Winter Park and Orlando
• Schedule is Monday – Friday from 8 AM – 5 PM with flexibility and potential of extended hours
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Doctorate in Clinical Neuropsychology or Clinical Psychology with a neuropsychology track from an accredited (APA or CPA) university and be licensed or license-eligible in Florida.
• Completed a 2-year post-doctoral residency in Neuropsychology and be eligible for board certification in neuropsychology through the American Board of Professional Psychology (ABPP).