Location: Orlando, FL - Specialty: Surgery, Breast
AdventHealth Cancer Institute, formerly Florida Hospital, is looking for a dynamic, charismatic, and experienced surgeon to lead our breast surgery program. The Breast Surgical Director is responsible for the development and deployment of tumor specific pathways and standards of care. This position will also provide leadership to achieve clinical quality improvement outcomes, as well as to achieve efficiency of care improvement outcomes.
The Surgical Director will collaborate with academia, industry and our community surgeons to advance innovation and will provide leadership to advance patient experience outcomes. The position is based in Orlando, Florida at our 1200 bed tertiary facility, and is also part of our Cancer Institute, with locations across a regional network of eight hospitals.
AdventHealth Cancer Institute Vision: National recognition as a Cancer Institute that provides patients access to value-based, personalized care through high specialized, comprehensive, and innovative destination programs. AHCI is a comprehensive program offering medical oncology, surgical oncology, radiation oncology, pediatric oncology, neuro-oncology, Gyn oncology, bone marrow transplant as well as research. For more information visit (website).
Several of the qualifications and requirements include:
- Charismatic individual with ability to lead and mentor teams and foster collaboration
- Demonstrated experience of programmatic building in the breast tumor site model
- Ten years of subspecialty experience with five years of leadership experience preferred
- Track record of successful clinical research
- National connections in the breast surgery field
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- Ability to work with an open medical staff (blend of employed and private physicians) to achieve FHCI vision and priorities
- Board Certification in General Surgery
- Fellowship training preferred but not required