Location: Sebring, FL - Specialty: Nurse Practitioner, Radiation Oncology
AdventHealth Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s eleven campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, AdventHealth for Children, East Orlando, Kissimmee, Orlando, Winter Park, Waterman, Winter Garden, and AdventHealth for Women
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN)
Radiation Oncology Specialists- AdventHealth Medical Group
Full Time Opportunity in Sebring, FL
The APRN, under the supervision of the Physician(s) who acts as the collaborative practitioner(s), is responsible for:
• Performing physical examinations of patient’s evaluation and treatment of radiation oncology patients in the outpatient and inpatient settings
• Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests, such as routine laboratory, X-ray, etc.
• Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
• Collaborates with physician supervisor and staff, to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
• Displays a caring and professional attitude at all time as well as maintaining personal and professional growth
• Write and/or dictate progress notes, procedure notes, history and physical examination, in accordance with medical policies.
• Evaluate the processes and outcomes to enhance the delivery of excellent, cost-effective health care
• Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
• Provides ongoing patient/family and staff education.
• Collaborates with all members of the healthcare team including family.
• Documents in a timely and thorough manner.
• Communicates report in an efficient and complete manner.
• Schedule is Monday – Friday, 8:00 am-5:00 pm
• Campus: AH Sebring
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, patients, and the public
• Strong communication skills
• Strong medical decision-making skills are a must
• Mostly clinic based with some inpatient as they come in
Required Education & Experience:
• Master’s degree in Nursing
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
• Current, valid Florida APRN license
• ANCC, AANP (or equivalent)
• BLS and ACLS required
• ONS Certification preferred