Location: Tavares, FL - Specialty: Nurse Practitioner
AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s ten campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Heart of Florida, Kissimmee, Lake Wales, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares.
AdventHealth Medical Group Vascular Surgery at Waterman
Full Time opportunity for an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) or Physician Assistant (PA-C)
The APRN or PA-C, under the supervision of the Physician, who acts as the collaborative practitioner, is responsible for:
• First Assisting Vascular Surgeon in operating room, including suturing, drain placement, etc according to privileges
• Performing hospital rounding, physical examinations of Peripheral and Vascular Surgery patients in the inpatient setting including, but not limited to: new patient consults, pre and post-operative visits, follow up visits – could evolve to an outpatient setting as well
• Procedures expected to perform: THDC removal, drain removals, and stitch removals
• Patient Education on the following conditions but not limited to: Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm, arterial reconstruction, Carotid Artery Disease, Endovascular Surgery, Open Surgery etc, venous insufficiency and associated procedures.
• Performs diagnostic procedures according to privileges and maintains log
• Enables continuity of care by managing patient care in the inpatient setting
• Formulates appropriate diagnosis based on history, physical examination, and clinical findings
• Plans and provides care within the framework of policies, unit guidelines and privileges
• Orders pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic therapies according to privileges
• Provides ongoing patient/family and staff education. In inpatient and outpatient settings.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Enthusiastic team player
• Flexible, adaptable to change
• Willingness to learn
• Able to stand/ be on feet for extended periods of time.
• Campuses Covered: AdventHealth Waterman
• Schedule: Monday – Friday
• Call schedule: 1-2 nights a week and one/two weekends a month; includes rounding and overnight coverage.
• Holiday call rotation
Education and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Nursing (APRN) or Physician Assistant studies (PA-C)
• Vascular experience (required)
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
• Current, valid Florida APRN license/ PA license
• Certification through the ANCC, AANP (or equivalent certification body) or NCCPA
• Current BLS required