Location: Davenport, FL - Specialty: Nurse Practitioner
AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s ten campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Heart of Florida, Kissimmee, Lake Wales, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares.
AdventHealth Medical Group Orthopedics at Davenport and Lake Wales
Full Time opportunity - Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) or Physician Assistant (PAC)
AdventHealth for Davenport and AdventHealth Lake Wales
The APRN or PA, under the supervision of the Physician, who acts as the collaborative practitioner, is responsible for:
• Performing histories and physical exams on orthopedic patients in both the office and hospital
• Handling daily patient rounds, patient education and discharge summaries
• Ramp up independent patient management and fracture care with follow up visits
• Procedures expected to perform: wound care, I&D abscess, aspirations/injections, closed reductions, casting/splinting, suture/staple removal
• Reviewing therapy notes, answering clinical questions via patient portal, disability/FMLA paperwork
• First assisting in the Operating Room
• ED trauma call coverage
• Ordering and interpreting appropriate diagnostic tests, such as laboratory, X-ray, MRI, etc.
• Assisting patient and family with pre- and post-procedural education
• Monitoring the patient’s course of treatment and places orders for referral to the appropriate specialist.
• Collaborating with physician and staff to provide consistent care to both the parents and the patients.
• Displays a caring and professional attitude at all time as well as maintaining personal and professional growth
• Research and database maintenance
• Hospitals covered: AH Davenport and AH Lake Wales
• Schedule is Monday – Friday – Hours to be determined
• Call required one week per month; includes rounding and weekends
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, patients, and the public; Strong communication skills
• Ability to work flexible schedule including call rotation, nights, weekends
• Ability to excel in a fast-paced clinic with highly acute patients
• Master’s degree in Nursing (APRN) or Physician Assistant (PA-C) Studies
• Experience in Orthopedic or Surgical care (highly preferred)
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
• Current, valid Florida APRN or PA license
• ANCC, AANP, NCCPA (or equivalent) certification
• BLS and ACLS required