Location: Orlando, FL - Specialty: Physician Assistant, Surgical: Plastic
AdventHealth Medical Group is proud to be affiliated with the world-class AdventHealth network of care, and a subsidiary of Adventist Health System, the largest not-for-profit healthcare system in the world and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMGs advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth's eight campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Kissimmee, Orlando, Winter Park and Florida Hospital Waterman in Tavares.
Physician Assistant (PA-C) – Plastic Surgery Specialists
AdventHealth Orlando, Orlando, Florida
About the Practice:
Some injuries don’t call for just medical attention. Deep, complex lacerations to the head, face or neck, for example, often require additional treatment by an experienced professional trained in plastic surgery. Non-cosmetic plastic surgery can include reconstructive surgeries, hand surgeries, microsurgeries and burn treatments, to name a few.
At AdventHealth Orlando, we’ve teamed up with the AdventHealth Medical Group Plastic Surgery Hospitalists at Orlando to create the Suture Clinic, a convenient, reliable resource for our neighbors who need plastic surgery services. The Suture Clinic is located on the first floor of AdventHealth Orlando, inside of our CTU department. Here, patients who may be in need of plastic surgery will have access to some of the finest physicians and physician assistants and latest, most advanced medical treatments available.
The PA-C, under the supervision of the Physician, who acts as the collaborative practitioner, is responsible for
- Performs physical examinations of surgical patients including, but not limited to: new patient visits, pre & post-operative care in hospital based clinic
- Responsibilities in clinic include but are not limited to: Management and closure of complex lacerations, wound care/dressing changes, debridement, suture removal, skin cancer removal, facial lacerations, dog bites, burns etc..
- Provides assistance during surgical procedures when requested- average case load is 3-5 weekly
- Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests, such as routine laboratory, X-ray, other related imaging
- Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
- Collaborates with physician and staff as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
- Displays a caring and professional attitude at all time as well as maintaining personal and professional growth
- This is a PRN or as need position without any guarantee of shifts.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, patients, and the public.
- Strong communication skills
- 1-3yrs experience surgical/suturing experience
Required Licensure & Certification:
- Master’s degree in Physician Assistant studies required
- Current, valid Florida Physician Assistant license (or eligibility)
- NCCPA Certification
- Current BLS required; ACLS (preferred)