Location: Kissimmee, FL - Specialty: Physician Assistant
AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s ten campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Heart of Florida, Kissimmee, Lake Wales, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares.
AdventHealth Medical Group Urology at Kissimmee
Full Time - Physician Assistant
Campus Covered: AdventHealth Kissimmee
Our skilled, well-known and award-winning urologists at AdventHealth Medical Group Urology group offers the most advanced surgical and non-surgical treatments for urology conditions affecting both men and women. Through minimally-invasive, laparoscopic procedures and surgery using the acclaimed da Vinci® Surgical System, patients suffering from all manner of urologic disorders can find healing, often with same-day service.
The PA under the supervision of the Physician, who acts as the collaborative practitioner, is responsible for:
• Performs physical examinations of patients; evaluation and treatment of acute and chronic urologic conditions also including urologic oncology within the clinic and hospital setting
• Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests, such as routine laboratory, X-ray, etc.
• Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed • Collaborates with physician and staff as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff • Procedures to include urodynamics, and eventually cystoscopy after training
• First assist with urologic surgeries such as removal of kidney stones, etc.
• Displays a caring and professional attitude at all time as well as maintaining personal and professional growth • Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, patients, and the public.
• Call responsibility and weekend coverage
• Master’s degree in Physician Assistant (PA-C) Studies
• Bi- Lingual in Spanish
• 3 years of experience as a PA-C; Urology and Oncology
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
• Current, valid Florida PA or APRN license
• Certification by NCCPA, ANCC or equivalent
• First Assist Certification (APRN) • BLS & ACLS