Location: Orlando, FL - Specialty: Physician Assistant
AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth is a national leader in quality, safety, and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s ten campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Heart of Florida, Kissimmee, Lake Wales, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares
AdventHealth Medical Group Colorectal Surgery at Orlando
Physician Assistant, PA-C or Advanced Practice Registered Nurse, APRN
Full-time Inpatient opportunity located at AdventHealth Orlando
AdventHealth Medical Group Colorectal Surgery offers comprehensive treatments and minimally invasive surgery for a multitude of colorectal disorders, including colorectal cancer, inflammatory bowel disease, pelvic floor disorders, ostomy care, anal dysplasia and anorectal pathology.
The APRN or PA, under the supervision of the Physician(s) who acts as the collaborative practitioner(s), is responsible for:
• Performing health assessments including patient history and physical examination in the hospital setting – Primarily in AdventHealth Orlando Campus.
• Performs diagnostic procedures according to privileges and maintains log.
• Conditions treated include but are not limited to: Anal Abscess/Fistula, Anal Cancer, Colon and Rectal Cancer, Lower GI bleeding, Fecal Incontinence, Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Diverticular Disease, Rectal Prolapse, Hemorrhoids, Ostomy Care and Intestinal Fistulas.
• Orders, interprets and incorporates diagnostic tests, studies and lab values into the plan of care; evaluates effectiveness.
• Formulates appropriate diagnosis based on history, physical examination and clinical findings.
• Plans and provides care within the framework of policies, unit guidelines and privileges.
• Orders pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic therapies according to privileges.
• Provides ongoing patient/family and staff education.
• Collaborates with all members of the healthcare team including family.
• Documents in a timely and thorough manner.
• Communicates report in an efficient and complete manner.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, staff, and patients.
• Strong communication skills
• Strong medical decision-making skills
• Schedule Details: Four 10-hour shifts
• Rotating weekends
• Hospitals covered: main location is AH Orlando, but may include other campuses (Altamonte, East and Winter Park)
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Master’s degree in Physician Assistant Studies or Nursing - open to new graduates
• Previous Colorectal inpatient experience (preferred)
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, REGISTRATION:
• Current, valid Florida PA or APRN license
• Certification by NCCPA, ANCC or other nationally recognized certification organization
• BLS & ACLS