Location: Altamonte Springs, FL - Specialty: Physician Assistant
AdventHealth Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s eleven campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, AdventHealth for Children, East Orlando, Kissimmee, Orlando, Winter Park, Waterman, Winter Garden, and AdventHealth for Women
AdventHealth Medical Group Colorectal Surgery at Altamonte Springs - Physician Assistant, PA-C or Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN)
Full-time opportunity located at AdventHealth Altamonte Springs
The PA-C or APRN, under the supervision of the Physician(s) who acts as the collaborative practitioner(s), is responsible for:
• Performing health assessments including patient history and physical examination
• Performs diagnostic procedures according to privileges and maintains log.
• Conditions treated include but are not limited to: Anal Abscess/Fistula, Anal Cancer, Colon and Rectal Cancer, Lower GI bleeding, Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Diverticular Disease, Ostomy, and Intestinal fistula care.
• Orders, interprets, and incorporates diagnostic tests, studies, and lab values into the plan of care; evaluates effectiveness.
• Formulates appropriate diagnosis based on history, physical examination, and clinical findings.
• Plans and provides care within the framework of policies, unit guidelines and privileges.
• Orders pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic therapies according to privileges.
• Provides ongoing patient/family and staff education.
• Collaborates with all members of the healthcare team including family.
• Documents in a timely and thorough manner.
• Communicates report in an efficient and complete manner.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, staff, and patients.
• Strong communication skills
• Strong medical decision-making skills
• Schedule Details: Monday-Friday; 8am-5pm
• Hospitals covered: AH Altamonte Springs
• Call Required – nights and occasional weekend; includes hospital rounding and overnight Required
Education & Experience:
• Master’s degree in Physician Assistant (PA-C) Studies or Nursing (APRN)
• Experience with inflammatory bowel disease and surgical care, wound, ostomy and EC fistula care (preferred)
Licensure, Certification and Registration:
• Current, valid Florida PA-C or APRN license
• Current, valid DEA license
• Certification by NCCPA, ANCC or other nationally recognized certification organization