Location: Apopka, FL - Specialty: Nurse Practitioner, Physical Medicine and Rehab
AdventHealth Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s eleven campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, AdventHealth for Children, East Orlando, Kissimmee, Orlando, Winter Park, Waterman, Winter Garden, and AdventHealth for Women
AdventHealth Medical Group Rehabilitation Hospitalists at Altamonte Springs – APRN or PA-C
Is seeking a full-time Advanced Practice Registered Nurse or Physician Assistant
Serving AdventHealth Altamonte Springs and Apopka
AdventHealth Medical Group is searching for a dynamic, hard-working, board certified Advanced Practice Provider with experience in the rehab setting, managing Cardiac, Stroke, Brain Injuries, Neurology and Orthopedic patients. The ideal candidate would serve as an integral role in the global management of rehab patients, including all aspects of care from performing patient histories, daily rounding, family visits, and new consults.
The APP, under the supervision of the Physician(s) is responsible for:
• Performing patient histories and physical exams.
• Managing the Inpatient rehab unit. Handling patient rounding, patient/family education, admissions, and discharges.
• Building relationships with referring physicians.
• Ordering and interpreting appropriate diagnostic tests, such as routine laboratory, X-ray, etc.
• Monitoring the patient’s course of treatment and making appropriate referrals to either a physician or specialist.
• Collaborating with physician supervisor, OT, PT, therapists, skilled nurses, dietitians and other staff, as necessary to provide consistent care to patients.
• Working with insurance companies as needed for Peer to Peer prior authorizations
• Displaying a caring and always having a professional attitude, as well as maintaining personal and professional growth.
• Discharge planning – Dictates discharge summaries, writes prescriptions, explains discharge instructions, confirms follow-up appointments and more.
• Required to cover multiple campuses: AH Altamonte Springs and AH Apopka
• Coverage at AH Waterman as needed.
• Schedule: Required to work 20 shifts a Month: Monday – Friday 8.5 hours shift from 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM with some flexibility for patient care
• Call responsibility at AH Waterman: every other weekend and every Wednesday, including on-site hospital rounding.
• 100% traveling.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Enthusiastic team player.
• Willing to build relationships with referring physicians and practices.
• Willingness to learn and grow.
• Flexible and adaptable to change.
Education and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Nursing or Physician Assistant Studies.
• 2-4 Years of experience in working in an in-patient rehab setting (preferred)
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
• Current, valid Florida APRN or PA-C license
• ANCC, NCCPA (or equivalent) certification
• Current BLS