Location: Tavares, FL - Specialty: Physician Assistant, Orthopedics
Physician Assistant, PA-C or APRN - Full-Time Career Opportunity
AdventHealth Medical Group Orthopedics and Sports Medicine at Waterman
AdventHealth Waterman, Tavares, FL
We are seeking an APP, PA-C or APRN to join a growing Orthopedic program at AdventHealth Waterman. The role involves orthopedic management of patients in General Orthopedics and Spine subspecialty focus. This position will be to round at the hospital and see patients in clinic – ortho back and general ortho.
The PA-C or APRN, under the supervision of the Physician(s), who acts as the collaborative practitioner(s), is responsible for:
• Handling daily patient rounds, patient education and discharge summaries
• Ramp up independent patient management and fracture care with follow up visits
• Practice and occasional ED call coverage
• Other procedures which include but are not limited to: PRP and Gel applications, joint injections, aspirations, cast application, dressing changes, and fracture reduction
• Ordering and interpreting appropriate diagnostic tests, such as laboratory, X-ray, MRI, etc.
• Assisting patient and family with pre- and post-procedural education
• Monitoring the patient’s course of treatment and places orders for referral to the appropriate specialist
• Collaborating with physician and staff to provide consistent care to the patients
• Displays a caring and professional attitude at all times as well as maintaining personal and professional growth
• Research and database maintenance
• Hospital coverage at only one location
• Schedule is Monday – Friday and some weekends
• Office call 1 in 4, ER call 1 in 4 (weekend rotation) with flex clinic schedule after ER call.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, patients, and the public; Strong communication skills
• Ability to excel in a fast-paced clinic with highly acute patients
• Master’s degree in Physician Assistant studies or Advanced Practice Registered Nurse
• Experience as an APP in Orthopedics/ Open to mentoring a new graduate