Location: Orlando, FL - Specialty: Nurse Practitioner
AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s ten campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Heart of Florida, Kissimmee, Lake Wales, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares.
AdventHealth Medical Group Weight Loss and Bariatric Surgery at Orlando – PA or APRN
Full Time Inpatient Role
Serving AdventHealth Orlando
The APP, under the supervision of the Physicians is responsible for:
• APP would see patients in the clinic, including new patients, post-op, routine follow-up.
• Performs patient histories and physical exams in the office and hospital setting.
• Telehealth visits • Meets the specific needs of the attending surgeon, often assisting several surgeons in a single practice.
• Ordering and interpreting appropriate diagnostic tests, such as labs and imaging.
• Monitoring the patient’s course of treatment and making appropriate referrals to other specialists, as needed
• First assist with surgeries such as Lap Sleeve Gastrectomy, Lap Roux-en-y Gastric Bypass and bariatric surgery revisions
• Collaborating with physician supervisor to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff.
• always Displaying a caring and professional attitude
• Post-op- Writes orders in the recovery room, talks with family, visits patients perform post op procedures and more.
• Discharge planning – Dictates discharge summaries, writes prescriptions, explain discharge instructions, confirms follow-up appointments and more.
• Documenting in a timely and thorough manner.
• Main location: AdventHealth Orlando
• Schedule is Monday – Friday
• Call and weekend responsibility
• Campuses covered: Orlando and Celebration.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, staff, and patients.
• Strong communication skills
• Strong medical decision-making skills
Required Education and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Physician Assistant Studies or Nursing with RNFA Certification
• 1-3 Years of experience as a first assist in bariatric surgery, or general surgery (preferred) Required
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
• Current, valid Florida APRN or PA license
• ANCC, NCCPA (or equivalent) certification
• Current, valid DEA License
• Current BLS and ACLS
• Surgical First Assist RNFA