Location: Celebration, FL - Specialty: Nurse Practitioner, Endo, Diabetes, and Metabolism
AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s eight campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Kissimmee, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares.
Nurse Practitioner, ARNP or Physician Assistant, PA-C
AHMG Diabetes and Endocrinology at Celebration
Opportunity at AdventHealth Celebration a part of AdventHealth Orlando
The ARNP or PA, under the supervision of the Physician(s) who acts as the collaborative practitioner, is responsible for:
- Performs physical examinations and evaluation of adult patients with diabetes, endocrine disorders and metabolic diseases
- Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests, such as routine laboratory, X-ray, etc.
- Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
- Collaborates with physician supervisor(s) and staff, as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
- Displays a caring and professional attitude at all time as well as maintaining personal and professional growth
- Write and/or dictate progress notes, procedure notes, history and physical examination, in accordance with medical policies.
- Evaluate the processes and outcomes to enhance the delivery of excellent, cost-effective health care
- Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Strong communication skills and ability to develop a strong rapport with patients, family members, hospital employees and other health care providers
- Must demonstrate excellence in patient focused medical care & delivery of care
- Strong medical decision-making skills are a must
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with availability for some evening and weekend call/coverage as practice needs dictate
- Candidate must be able to successfully pass professional reference checks, a third-party background check and pre-employment drug screen
- Must be able to work a full-time schedule: Monday – Friday from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Primarily clinic seeing an average of 22 patients per day, with minimal patients seen in the hospital setting
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Nursing or Physician Assistant Studies
- Previous experience providing care for patients with diabetes and endocrine disorders (Preferred)
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
- Current, valid Florida APRN or PA license
- ANCC, NCCPA (or equivalent) certification
- BLS and ACLS required