Location: Orlando, FL - Specialty: Nurse Practitioner
Inpatient Physical Medicine/Rehab
Full Time APRN Opportunity
Practice: AdventHealth Medical Group Rehabilitation Hospitalists at Orlando
Hospitals covered – AdventHealth Winter Park and AdventHealth Orlando
AdventhHealth Medical Group is searching for a dynamic, hard-working, board certified APRN with experience in the rehab setting in the following specialties: Transplant, Stroke, Neurology and orthopaedics.
This position would reflect a hospitalist/inpatient practice model.
The APRN would help cover our CARF accredited, units (currently 30 beds) at Florida Hospital Orlando and Winter Park Memorial Hospital. In late 2019, we will move to a brand new, dedicated unit at Winter Park Memorial Hospital, with eventual capacity of 60 beds.
Our units currently hold specialty certifications in Stroke and Brain Injury. The new APRN would work alongside other physicians as we expand our team even further in the upcoming years. Patient mix includes majority of cases in stroke and brain injury as well as some ortho and spinal cord injuries.
The APRN will work with our existing, highly experienced physiatrists and a terrific support team of neuropsychologists, therapists, skilled nurses, dietitians. A full range of medical and surgical specialists also provide care for our patients on this unit. The new APRN would also share in acute care consults with our other PM&R physicians during the day in addition to coverage in the rehabilitation units.
The APRN will:
- Manage follow up visits for patients already admitted to the rehab facility on specific days
- Other days of the week will be spent in collaboration with the physician taking new/follow up consults for patients in the hospital setting.
- When covering the rehab the primary campus would be at AdventHealth Winter Park
- When on the consulting service the primary campus would be AdventHealth Orlando, however there may be an infrequent need to see a patient at a different campus
The Schedule will be a rotating day shift model between 2 APP’s.
- Experience in Physical Medicine and/or Rehab
- Master’s degree in Nursing (APRN)
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
- Current, valid Florida APRN license
- Certification by ANCC or other nationally recognized certification organization
- BLS & ACLS