AdventHealth Medical Group is looking for a compassionate and collaborative fellowship trained physician to join our expanding palliative care team at AdventHealth Palm Coast. We are seeking a physician with a dedication to excellence in clinical practice, doctor-patient-family relationships, and professionalism, while maintaining AdventHealth’ s Mission, Vision, Values.
Responsibilities will include:
- Guide inpatient consultation services of the interdisciplinary team of advanced practitioners, chaplain, pharmacist, and social workers.
- Clinical care expectations include:
- Creating goals of care for patients
- Manage family meetings
- Manage complex symptom management in the inpatient setting.
- Educate facility staff, co-workers and the community on all aspects of palliative care and services
Requirements of the position include
- Board Certification/Eligibility in Hospice and Palliative Medicine along with active board certification through one of the co-sponsoring boards
- Team player with patient-first mindset
- Excellent communication skills
- Eligible for active Florida license
- Ability to collaborate closely with consultants and support staff
The practice is a part of AdventHealth Medical Group. AHMG is a sister organization of AdventHealth which employs 350+ physicians in 27 individual service lines. This aligned model and practice management experience provides the opportunity for the physicians to focus on the clinical aspects of medicine.
Benefits of employment with AdventHealth Medical Group:
- Competitive Base salary guarantee plus production bonus and generous benefits package
- Include occurrence-based malpractice coverage
- CME allowance
- Sign-on/ relocation bonus
- 403b retirement plan
- Health insurance for physician and family
- Large patient population
- No state income tax
Based in Altamonte Springs, AdventHealth is a nonprofit connected system of care. With more than 80,000 team members, AdventHealth is one of the nation’s largest faith-based health care systems with nearly 50 hospitals and hundreds of care sites in nearly a dozen states. With the mission of Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ, AdventHealth provides whole person care to heal the mind, body, and spirit.
AdventHealth Palm Coast has 100 beds and is one of the six hospitals in Flagler, Lake and Volusia counties that compose the AdventHealth Central Florida Division — North Region. AdventHealth Palm Coast has wide array of services for a community hospital including, but not limited to cancer care, heart and vascular services, palliative and hospice care, imaging, lab, orthopedics, sports medicine and rehabilitation, surgical, wound and emergency care.
Our community boasts miles of beautiful coastline with eclectic beach fronts. To the south you can take in the emerald seas from the warmth of white sugar sand beaches. Follow the current a few miles north to experience cinnamon shell ocean fronts unlike anything you’ve ever encountered. While the “World’s Most Famous Beach” is certainly one of our top attractions, this region is loaded with a multitude of other waterscapes and alluring natural features. Central Florida is home to the highest concentration of freshwater springs in the world. Surrounded by thick forest preserves you’ll find this community perfectly nestled in between some of God’s greatest gifts. Enjoy fresh salt air from the warm ocean breeze on your painless drive to and from the hospital. Cultivate any lifestyle you seek in this fertile locale.
The Greater Daytona Beach area is comprised of several smaller communities each with their own unique appeal. The total catchment area is over 500,000 residents. This destination is filled with a multitude of nationally recognized, locally owned dining establishments, golf courses, country and yacht clubs. There are an additional 10 million tourists that flock to the shores of Volusia County annually to take advantage of what we take for granted. Variety is a spice of life in this coastal beach community bringing all the comfort and amenities of metropolitan living without the frustrating commutes and pollution. “Life is Better Here” the official slogan of Daytona Beach Shores is a factual statement. Why not live where others vacation?