AdventHealth Medical Group is looking for a dynamic and quality focused physician leader to join our growing team of hospitalists at our highly rated, 164 bed Hospital in DeLand, FL.
We are seeking a physician leader with a collaborative leadership style who will model and lead excellence in clinical practice, doctor-patient relationships, and professionalism while maintaining AdventHealth’ s Mission, Vision, Values.
AdventHealth DeLand’s team consists of (8) day physicians, (2) nocturnists, and (2) APP’s. The APP support is in a swing shift role to assist with ED through put. Our hospitalists work in teams rotating a 7 on /7 off schedule. Our shifts run from (7a-7p) and (7p-7a).
Schedule for the assistant director is 7 on / 7 off Day (182 shifts per year) with both clinical and administrative duties and protected time to accomplish administrative responsibilities.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assisting the medical director with the oversight of quality improvement projects, to ensure compliance with hospital quality of care and safety programs
- Developing program goals
- Conducting ongoing individual assessments of providers
- Orient and coach hospitalists who are new to the Program
- Working with medical group and hospital leadership to assist with operational efficiencies and budget cost management
- Assist with, promote, and attend meeting
- Assist in development of educational programs related to the hospitalist providers.
- Coordination of hospitalist schedule (via AMION) to ensure program efficiency and productivity while ensuring safe and quality patient care.
- Assist in receiving, investigating, and resolving patient or physician grievances, care opportunities, complaints, and/or questions related to the AHMG Hospitalist program.
Requirements of the position include
- Board Certification / Eligibility through AOA or ABMS
- Team player with patient-first mindset
- Excellent communication skills
- Eligible for active Florida license
- Ability to collaborate closely with consultants and support staff
Benefits of employment with AdventHealth Medical Group:
- Competitive Base salary guarantee plus production bonus and generous benefits package
- Opportunities to be credentialed at multiple campuses to make it easy to swap shifts and pick-up additional days to supplement your earnings.
- Include occurrence-based malpractice coverage
- CME allowance
- Sign-on/ relocation bonus
- 403b retirement plan
- Health insurance for physician and family
- Large patient population
- No state income tax
- Live/practice in the quiet suburbs north of Orlando or along the pristine waters of the beaches
Based in Altamonte Springs, AdventHealth is a non-profit, connected system of care. With more than 80,000 team members, AdventHealth is one of the nation’s largest faith-based health care systems with nearly 50 hospitals and hundreds of care sites in nearly a dozen states. With the mission of Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ, AdventHealth provides whole person care to heal the mind, body and spirit.
AdventHealth DeLand is a 164-bed hospital with a focus on providing quality care. AdventHealth DeLand has been recognized as a CMS 4 star rated hospital, as well as by Leap Frog for receiving straight A’s for the high quality of care provided. This hospital is one of the six hospitals in Flagler, Lake and Volusia counties that composes the AdventHealth Central Florida Division - North Region.
The Greater Daytona Beach area is comprised of several smaller communities each with their own unique appeal. Our total catchment area is over 500,000 residents. This destination is filled with a multitude of nationally recognized, locally owned dining establishments, golf courses, country and yacht clubs. There are an additional 10 million tourists who flock to the shores of Volusia County annually to take advantage of miles of beautiful coastline with eclectic beach fronts.
Variety is a spice of life in these coastal beach communities that bring all the comfort and amenities of metropolitan living without the frustrating commutes. While Daytona Beach is called the “World’s Most Famous Beach” and is certainly one of our top attractions, this region is loaded with a multitude of other waterscapes and alluring natural features. You could enjoy fresh salty air from the warm ocean breeze on your simple drive to and from the hospital. Cultivating any lifestyle is possible in this area of beachfront living, new neighborhoods, year-round activities, and excellent public and private schools.