AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s eight campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Kissimmee, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares.
Physician Assistant, PA-C, Full-Time Career Opportunity
AdventHealth Medical Group Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery
AdventHealth for Children - Tampa, FL
We are seeking a Certified Physician Assistant, PA-C to join a growing program and practice. The role involves orthopedic management of patients ranging from newborn to early adulthood. This individual would work in outpatient and inpatient settings as well as assist in surgery.
The PA-C, under the supervision of the Physician(s), who acts as the collaborative practitioner(s), is responsible for:
- Performing histories and physical exams on pediatric orthopedic patients in both the office and hospital
- Handling daily patient rounds, patient education and discharge summaries
- Ramp up independent patient management and fracture care with follow up visits
- First assisting in the Operating Room • ED trauma call coverage
- Other procedures which include but are not limited to: Joint injections, aspirations, cast application, dressing changes, fracture reduction, traction pin placement
- Ordering and interpreting appropriate diagnostic tests, such as laboratory, X-ray, MRI, etc.
- Assisting patient and family with pre- and post-procedural education
- Monitoring the patient’s course of treatment and places orders for referral to the appropriate specialist.
- Collaborating with physician and staff to provide consistent care to both the parents and the patients.
- Displays a caring and professional attitude at all time as well as maintaining personal and professional growth
- Research and database maintenance
- Hospitals covered: AH Tampa
- Schedule is Monday – Friday
- Call Rotation – includes hospital rounding
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, patients, and the public; Strong communication skills
- Ability to work flexible schedule including call rotation, nights, weekends
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced clinic with highly acute patients
- Master’s degree in Physician Assistant studies
- Experience a PA-C in Orthopedic (highly preferred)
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
- Current, valid Florida APRN or PA license
- ANCC, AANP, NCCPA (or equivalent) certification
- BLS and ACLS required
AdventHealth Tampa is a not-for-profit 536-bed tertiary hospital located in the uptown district of Tampa, Florida, primarily serving Hillsborough, Pasco, Pinellas, and other surrounding counties. The hospital specializes in cardiovascular medicine, digestive health, neuroscience, orthopedics, women’s services, oncology, endocrinology, bariatrics, wound healing, sleep medicine and general surgery including minimally invasive and robotic-assisted procedures. Also located at AdventHealth Tampa is the renowned AdventHealth Pepin Heart Institute, a recognized leader in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and leading-edge research. The modern adult and pediatric-dedicated emergency rooms introduce the emergency physician at the beginning of the visit, an example of how AdventHealth Tampa is committed to providing compassionate and quality healthcare. Part of AdventHealth, AdventHealth Tampa is a leading health network comprised of 30 hospitals throughout the state. For more information, visit www.AdventHealthTampa.com. AdventHealth Tampa is also the Exclusive Hospital of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Official Health and Wellness Partner of the Tampa Bay Lightning.
The population of Tampa is approximately 392,800 making it the 3rd largest city in Florida and the 53rd largest city in the United States. Tampa is part of the metropolitan area most commonly referred to as the "Tampa Bay Area" which has an approximate population of 3.1 million. It is located on the west coast of Florida with an average annual temperature of 73.1 degrees. Tampa's economy is founded on a diverse base that includes tourism, agriculture, construction, finance, health care, government, technology, and the port of Tampa which is the largest port in the state of Florida.
Tampa is also home to the NFL’s Tampa Bay Buccaneers who recently signed Tom Brady, a seven-time super bowl champion. You will also find other professional sports teams for baseball, hockey and major league soccer.
When not at work or enjoying a night out locally you take a break on some of Florida's most popular shorelines, including Clearwater Beach, Honeymoon Island State Park and Treasure Island are located less than an hour from downtown Tampa.