Lead Pediatric Advanced Practice Registered Nurse or Physician Assistant
AdventHealth for Children - Orlando, FL
The Walt Disney Pavilion at AdventHealth for Children is looking for an experienced Pediatric APP to help lead our pediatric ICU Team in Orlando. We have 22 bed pediatric ICU and 10 bed Cardiac ICU that maintains its own leadership structure along with cross coverage between our CICU and PICU teams. Responsibilities of the new lead APP will include clinical time (approximately 85%) and leadership/administrative responsibilities (approximatel15%).
- Works in conjunction with provider scheduler to formulate staffing schedules/leave requests
- Manages and coordinates APP programs and activities
- Participates in development of organizational business plans, policies and procedures
- Participates in recruitment of and hiring of APPs
- Works jointly with med staff, providers, and administration to organize APP specific CEU’s
- Disseminates articles, seminar information or exam related information to APPs
- Provides feedback for annual evaluations
- Participates in process and continuous improvement projects for Pediatric Critical Care
- Serves as liaison between APPs with nursing, physicians, and administration
- Embodies teaching and mentoring role for APPs and students
- Performs admissions, consultations and follow up care of pediatric patients in the Pediatric ICU and Cardiovascular ICU setting, including intubation, ventilator management and other procedures that may be required
- Managing medical and post-operative ICU patients
- Conditions treated: Respiratory Disease, Liver Failure/ Transplants, Multi-system organ failure, Uncontrolled/ New Onset Diabetes, Neuro-surgery patients and varying level of acuity and medical conditions.
- Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests, such as routine laboratory, X-ray, etc.
- Educates patient and family on treatment plans, surgical procedures, pre and post-operative care, etc.
- Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
- Collaborates with physician and staff as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
- Always displays a caring and professional attitude
- Passion for pediatric patients and families
- Strong communication skills
- “Team player” mentality
- 13 shifts a month – 13-hour shift (169 hours per month)
- 11 clinical shifts, 2 admin shifts
- Rotating a month of days and a month of nights
Knowledge, Education and Experience Required:
- Master’s degree in Nursing or Physician Assistant studies
- 4-6 years in experience as a Pediatric APRN or PA-C in an ICU or acute care setting
- Experience leading a team of APP’s (preferred)
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
- Current, valid Florida APRN or PA license (or eligibility to obtain FL licensure)
- Certification by Pediatric Nursing Certification Board (PNCB) (Highly preferred)
- BLS, and PALS certification required
- NRP (highly preferred)
- Hospital Website
- University of Central Florida College of Medicine
- AdventHealth Graduate Medical Education
- Orlando Hotels
- Orange County Parks and Recreation
- Seminole County Parks and Recreation
- Orange County Florida
AdventHealth Orlando is our 1,364 bed tertiary facility with close to 160 ICU beds. It is at the center of eight other hospitals around the greater Orlando area, which total approximately 3,000 beds. AdventHealth operates many hospitals across 9 different states; 30 of which are in Florida. Our mission has remained the same and is to Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ.
Since 1908, AdventHealth Orlando has cared for the Central Florida community as well as patients from around the world. AdventHealth Orlando is an acute-care, tertiary hospital caring for approximately 300,000 patients a year. As the primary campus for more than 1,000 physicians, AdventHealth Orlando is home to nationally recognized Centers of Excellence for Cancer, Cardiology, Children, Diabetes, Neuroscience, Orthopaedics, and Abdominal and Cardiothoracic Transplant. AdventHealth Orlando continues to meet the growing needs of our community with the addition of the Ginsburg Tower, a $255 million 15-story facility that is home to the AdventHealth Cardiovascular Institute and a football-field-sized emergency department that can accommodate the treatment of more patients in less time.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.