AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s ten campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Heart of Florida, Kissimmee, Lake Wales, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares.
Pediatric ICU- APRN or PA-C
PRN (per diem) Position
The Pediatric APRN or Physician Assistant, under the supervision of the Physician, who acts as the collaborative practitioner, is responsible for:
- Performs admissions, consultations and follow up care of pediatric patients in the Pediatric ICU setting, including intubation, ventilator management and other procedures as may be required ie. central lines, arterial lines
- Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests, such as routine laboratory, X-ray, etc.
- Educates patient and family on treatment plans, surgical procedures, pre and post-operative care, etc.
- Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
- Collaborates with physician and staff as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
- Displays a caring and professional attitude at all times
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Enthusiastic team player
- Passion for pediatric patients and families
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
- Master’s degree in Nursing (acute care pediatrics) and Physician Assistant with relevant pediatrics experience
- 1-3 years in Pediatric APRN/PA-C experience; preference for inpatient experience
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
- Current, valid Florida APRN or PA-C license
- Certification by Pediatric Nursing Certification Board (PNCB) or NCCPA
- BLS, ACLS and PALS certification
Our Walt Disney Pavilion at AdventHealth for Children is a full service, tertiary children’s hospital with over 200 dedicated pediatric beds, more than 30 peds ICU beds with a dedicated peds CICU, a 102 bed NICU, 17 bed pediatric emergency department and statewide pediatric network and transport system. We started our comprehensive pediatric open heart program in 2012 and have a strong track record of positive outcomes. We also have several key destination programs including our level IV Epilepsy program, the region’s only BMT and solid organ transplants including kidney and liver, and we increased Orlando area NICU beds to 150 total in 2017. Our unparalleled network consists of 30 hospitals across the state with one children’s hospital at the center totals over 23,000 births and several extremely successful pediatric subspecialty programs including outreach clinics. These 30 hospitals refer patients for tertiary and quaternary services to our main location near downtown Orlando. Our newest program has brought pediatric liver transplant services to Central Florida. In 2019, AdventHealth for Children is recognized by US News and World Report as the best Children’s Hospital for newborn care in Florida. We are also recognized by The Leapfrog Group as a top Children’s Hospital for quality and safety, and we are a magnet designated hospital for nursing care.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
- Hospital Website
- Orange County Parks and Recreation
- Seminole County Parks and Recreation
- Orange County Florida