AdventHealth Medical Group Neonatology at West Florida
Full Time Inpatient opportunity for an NNP or Neonatal PA-C
Serving AdventHealth Tampa
Neonatal Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Opportunities available in the Tampa, Florida area. AdventHealth Medical Group is seeking dynamic and energetic Neonatal APRN’s or Physician assistants to work in our 28 bed Level III NICU. NICU offers whole range of level III services such as high frequency ventilation, nitric oxide therapy, whole-body hypothermia and neonatal surgeries.
General Summary: The APP, under the supervision of Physicians is responsible for:
- The NNP/PA is responsible for providing care for NICU patients within the scope of licensure and within the supervising physician's scope of practice
- Evaluate patients, develop treatment plans, order and interpret labs, x-rays and other diagnostic studies per specialty guidelines and under the guidance of the Neonatologist
- Perform procedures such as intubation, lumbar puncture, umbilical lines, PICC lines and chest tube placement.
- Communicate effectively with parents, other specialists and among NICU team members.
- Providing education and support to patients’ families
- Dispensing medications under collaborative agreement with a supervising physician
- Schedule is Monday through Friday
- All hours in the inpatient setting
- Day shift (8AM to 4PM) to assist with rounding, documentation and deliveries
Required Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Nursing with Neonatal focus, or Master’s Degree in Physician Assistant Studies with Neonatal focus
- 1-2 years of experience in the NICU as an NNP is preferred but not mandatory
- 1-2 years of experience in the NICU as a PA-C is preferred but not mandatory
Required Licensure and Certification:
- Must hold a valid Florida APRN License with Neonatal certification or Physician Assistant license (Or ability to obtain a Florida License)
- Certification through ANCC, NCCPA or other nationally recognized certifying body
- BLS, ACLS and PALS certification
Wesley Chapel is regarded as one of the fastest growing communities in the Tampa area. Median income is well above the area average. New shopping areas (Wiregrass, The Grove), schools, access to Tampa/beaches, and new neigborhoods make it a very desirable location.
Tampa Bay is a beautiful waterfront area on Florida's West Coast. It offers a blend of urban living in natural surroundings. Florida's largest metropolitan area, Tampa is rich with cultural heritage including its vibrant Latin area Ybor City. Boasting wonderful schools including a Seventh-day Adventist Academy, Tampa appeals to family life as well as city living. Tampa is home to the renowned University of South Florida, exciting Busch Gardens, beautiful beaches and lots of outdoor activities. In addition, this area is home to a number of professional sports teams including the Super Bowl-winning Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the 2008 American League Champion Tampa Bay Rays and the Stanley Cup Champion Tampa Bay Lightning.