AdventHealth Medical Group is looking for a dynamic and quality focused physician leader to enthusiastically lead our growing team of hospitalists who currently cover our 5 CMS and Leapfrog highly rated AdventHealth hospitals within Volusia and Lake counties.
We are seeking a physician leader with a collaborate leadership style who will model and lead excellence in clinical practice, doctor-patient relationships, and professionalism while maintaining AdventHealth’ s Mission, Vision, Values; with the goal of building a stable cohesive team that interacts seamlessly with patients, hospital medical staff, nursing, administration, and ancillary staff. The Regional Hospitalist Medical Director is the representative of the programs and must be enthusiastically engaged with all stakeholders.
AdventHealth Medical Group’s hospitalist team covers 5 AdventHealth hospitals, each hospital is supported with a designated Director and Assistant Director to help lead and oversee each campus’s team.
Schedule for the regional medical director Monday through Friday with primary administrative responsibilities and participation in clinical patient care, minimally two times a month rotating at each of the campuses, with the exception of AdventHealth Fish Memorial.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversight of quality improvement projects, to ensure compliance with hospital quality of care and safety programs meet all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations.
- Developing program goals and strategic plans.
- Collaborate with Regional/Site Leadership to coordinate care during emergencies.
- Conducting ongoing individual assessments of providers.
- Serve as Network Operations Council (NOC) representative for hospitalist medicine.
- Monitor regional staffing trends and provide guidance on staffing needs.
- Ensure consistent and appropriate orientation is provided for all new providers.
- Provide oversight, mentoring and direction to Hospitalist Medical Directors and Assistant Medical Directors. Identify and mentor future leaders.
- Chair and conduct monthly Hospitalist Operations Council meetings with all Hospitalist Leaders to discuss operational, financial, and quality updates/initiatives.
- Meet with Hospital Executive Leadership regularly to provide feedback of services rendered, performance outcomes, quality improvement processes and overall patient satisfaction. Provide updates to stakeholders as requested.
- Represent AHMG for corporate medical initiatives.
- Working with medical group and hospital leadership to assist with operational efficiencies and budget cost management.
- Implement appropriate tracking systems for success measures and reports as required.
- Development of educational programs related to the hospitalist providers.
Requirements of the position include
- Board Certification / Eligibility in Internal Medicine (preferred) or Family Medicine through ABMS
- Team player with patient-first mindset
- Excellent communication skills
- Eligible for active Florida license
- Ability to collaborate closely with consultants and support staff
The practice is a part of AdventHealth Medical Group. Our hospitalist team is a substantial percentage of our Medical Group currently with over 80 providers. AHMG is a sister organization of AdventHealth which employs 350+ physicians in 27 individual service lines. This aligned model and practice management experience provides the opportunity for the physicians to focus on the clinical aspects of medicine.
Benefits of employment with AdventHealth Medical Group:
- Competitive Base salary guarantee plus production bonus and generous benefits package
- opportunities to be credentialed at multiple campuses to make it easy to swap shifts and pick-up additional days to supplement your earnings.
- include occurrence-based malpractice coverage
- CME allowance
- Sign-on/ relocation bonus
- 403b retirement plan
- health insurance for physician and family
- Large patient population
- No state income tax
Based in Altamonte Springs, AdventHealth is a nonprofit connected system of care. With more than 80,000 team members, AdventHealth is one of the nation’s largest faith-based health care systems with nearly 50 hospitals and hundreds of care sites in nearly a dozen states. With the mission of Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ, AdventHealth provides whole person care to heal the mind, body, and spirit.
AdventHealth Daytona Beach is a 367-bed hospital nestled on the border of Ormond Beach and Daytona Beach, most recently named #1 hospital in Volusia and Flagler counties by U.S. News & World Report. Tertiary services include, open heart, structural heart, vascular, thoracic, brain, spine, bariatric, surgery.
AdventHealth New Smyrna Beach is a 112 beds hospital within a short walk to both our intercoastal waterway and our canal street shopping and dining district. Services offered
AdventHealth DeLand is a 164-bed hospital located within a mile of Stetson college and historic downtown Deland. Services offered include cancer care, heart and vascular services, palliative and hospice care, imaging, lab, orthopedics, sports medicine and rehabilitation, surgical, wound and emergency care.
AdventHealth Fish Memorial is a 242-bed hospital located half way between the beaches of Volusia county and bustling downtown Orlando. Services offered include cancer care, heart and vascular services, palliative and hospice care, imaging, lab, orthopedics, sports medicine, and rehabilitation, surgical, wound and emergency care.
AdventHealth Waterman is a 300-bed, full-service hospital located in the heart of Lake County, minutes from one of Florida’s top ranked best small towns, Mt. Dora. Services include, open heart, structural heart, spine, palliative and hospice care, imaging, lab, orthopedics, sports medicine and rehabilitation, surgical, wound and emergency care.
NOTE: None of the hospitals listed above are trauma center