AdventHealth Medical Group – Family Medicine at Mount Dora is looking for a dynamic and energetic Primary Care physician (MD or DO) to join an established practice in beautiful Lake County, Florida (about 45 minutes north of Downtown Orlando).
The ideal candidate will be/have:
- Active FL medical license (or ability to secure active, unrestricted licensure)
- Board Certification in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine
- At least 3-5 years of experience
- Comfortable with patients of all ages
- Proficiency with minor office-based procedures including, but not limited to: joint injections, minor dermatologic procedures, basic gynecologic care
- Experience with supervising Advanced Practice Providers (APRN & PA-C)
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include early morning and/or evening hours to meet PCMH requirements for patient access
- Willingness to analyze practice finances
- Interest in the opportunity to advance into leadership and governance roles
- Interest in activities and opportunities for strategy development for primary care
- Active interest in network development and connecting our network and strategy through primary care locations
At AdventHealth Medical Group, we believe it’s about more than mending what’s broken and healing what hurts; it’s about compassionate, lifelong, whole-person care. Start changing lives today by joining a healthcare system where we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion.
This opportunity will provide a salary guarantee with productivity, quality and patient satisfaction-based incentives. Other benefits include occurrence-based malpractice coverage, paid leave days, CME days and allowance, 403b retirement plan, health insurance for physician and family, and relocation allowance. This practice is part of AdventHealth Medical Group. AHMG, a sister organization of AdventHealth, employs over 700 physicians in 60+ specialties across 5 counties in Central Florida. This aligned model and practice management experience provides the opportunity for the physicians to focus on the clinical aspects of medicine.
AdventHealth Waterman (formerly Florida Hospital Waterman) is a 300-bed, full-service community hospital located in the heart of Lake County. Founded in 1938 by Frank Waterman, president of the Waterman Fountain Pen Company, the hospital has grown from an 18-bed facility to a leading provider of acute and home health services in Central Florida. The hospital joined the Adventist Health System in 1992 and moved to its current location in 2003. With more than 1,900 employees and over 300 physicians and advanced practice providers on its medical staff, the hospital treats more than 14,000 inpatients a year and treats over 65,000 patients in its Emergency Department annually.
AdventHealth Waterman is located at 1000 Waterman Way in Tavares, Florida, approximately 35 miles northwest of Orlando. Tavares is located in beautiful Lake County, where residents and visitors enjoy the quiet pleasures of rural living among 1,400 lakes for fishing and water sports, all within 90 minutes of the Orlando International Airport, East Coast beaches, Gulf Coast beaches, and the Orlando area attractions. The average temperature is 70 degrees, with summer highs in the 90's and winter lows in the 50's and 60's.