AdventHealth OBGYN at Orlando, CNM
Full time Opportunity for Certified Nurse Midwife
AdventHealth Ob/Gyn is a well-established practice that has been in the Orlando area for almost 30 years and is part of the award-winning AdventHealth system. Physicians and Certified Nurse Midwives work together to provide the highest-quality care in a friendly, welcoming setting. We provide safe, efficient, patient-centered care. The Ob/Gyn practice is an ACOG “SCOPE” safety-certified practice. Midwives also see obstetrics and gynecology patients in the office setting. The Certified Nurse Midwife may be additionally involved in resident and student education.
Our team values our CNM colleagues and the midwifery care model. CNMs take call within the hospital, working in collaboration with our physicians. We are proud to deliver all our patients at the extraordinary AdventHealth for Women, located just North of downtown Orlando!
- Evaluates pregnant and postpartum women including managing all aspects of pre-natal visits
- Performs the nursing duties related to midwifery including labor and delivery care, care after birth, and newborn care.
- Educates women about different types of care available and encourages them to enhance their pregnancy by being involved.
- Orders, interprets and incorporates diagnostic tests, studies and lab values into the plan of care; evaluates effectiveness.
- Formulates appropriate diagnosis based on history, physical examination and clinical findings.
- Plans and provides care within the framework of policies, unit guidelines and privileges.
- Serves as OB/GYN team member working closely with physicians and other staff to ensure healthy pregnancies and deliveries.
- Prescribes pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic therapies according to privileges.
- Emphasizes patient education, active participation, clear communication between the provider and the women, and an individualized health care experience.
- Advocates birth education, natural childbirth, and the participation of the entire family.
- Teaches patients about all aspects of an infant’s reaction to its environment including but not limited to breast feeding and bonding.
- Communicates and documents pertinent case information in a timely and thorough manner.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of midwifery principles and techniques.
- Knowledge of methods ensuring safe working environment for patient, family, and staff including using appropriate personal protection equipment.
- Knowledge of theories of family dynamics, mother-child attachment, parenting, and adult learning concepts.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Masters Degree in Nursing with Mid-Wife Certification
- 2-3 years’ experience as midwife in hospital setting
LICENSURE and CERTIFICATION REQUIRED:
- Valid Florida License
- Certification by American College of Nurse Midwives (ACNM)
AdventHealth for Women, a part of AdventHealth Orlando, formerly Florida Hospital for Women boasts a new 12-story, 332 bed tower which houses some of the area’s most advanced women’s services. This brand-new facility includes 13 operating rooms with robotic capabilities. The AdventHealth for Women health network includes a host of extended care facilities supported by all our central Florida trusted hospitals.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
- Hospital Website
- Orlando Hotels
- Orange County Parks and Recreation
- Seminole County Parks and Recreation
- Orange County Florida