AdventHealth Medical Group is looking for a dynamic Neuro-Hospitalist to join our growing inpatient team at our top-rated AdventHealth Daytona Beach campus!!!
We are seeking a physician with a primary interest in working in an inpatient hospital setting, with a team player mentality, and a dedication to continuing our tradition of excellence in both clinical practice and professionalism, while maintaining AdventHealth’s mission, vision, and values.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Clinical management and comprehensive evaluation of inpatient neurological patients
- Clinical management and knowledge of the AHA Stroke Management Patient Care Guidelines.
- Formulate and initiate individualized treatment plans based on therapeutic principles
- Interprets common laboratory, electrographic and radiologic findings and intervene appropriately
- Evaluate / provide /facilitate appropriate education for patients and families
- Evaluates and provide for patient discharge needs with specific recommendations for follow up in the outpatient setting
- Communicates effectively with physicians, management, staff, patients and families to ensure coordinated and cohesive execution of quality patient care in a timely manner
- Effectively/consistently collaborate with members of the health care team to coordinate treatment plans, specific patient concerns and discharge planning,
- Communicate effectively/accurately the patient treatment goals and activities with the staff members providing the care
- Participate in team conferences and provides information relating to therapeutic concerns in a clear, concise manner, reports to program director problems or concerns involving direct/indirect patient care in a timely/professional manner
Requirements of the position:
- Board Certification / Eligibility through the American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology
- Eligibility for active Florida license
- Ability to collaborate closely with attending hospitalists and ED team
- Available to work 7 on 7 off with a minimum of 182 shifts per year
- Strong communication skills
- “Team player” mentality
The practice is a part of AdventHealth Medical Group. AHMG is a sister organization of AdventHealth which employs 350+ physicians in 27 individual service lines. This aligned model and practice management experience provides the opportunity for the physicians to focus on the clinical aspects of medicine.
Benefits of employment with AdventHealth Medical Group:
- Committed and collaborative hospital leadership team
- Collegial cross-coverage
- Established and successful program
- Opportunity to participate in our tele video stroke program (if interested)
- Competitive salary and generous benefits package
- CME allowance
- Sign-on/ relocation bonus
- 403b retirement plan
- No state income tax
AdventHealth Daytona Beach is a high quality, CMS 5 Star rated, Leap frog grade A rated (12 consistent years in a row), 367-bed tertiary hospital nestled on the border of Ormond Beach and Daytona Beach. Most recently named #1 hospital in Volusia and Flagler counties by U.S. News & World Report. Tertiary services include, open heart, structural heart, interventional stroke, vascular, robotic thoracic, brain, spine, bariatric, surgery.
The community boasts miles of white sand and cinnamon-colored beaches. Breath-taking scenery and tranquil waterways. Conveniently located to major airports, shopping and all Florida attractions. Excellent public and private schools are available and we are minutes from the Worlds' Most Famous Beach. Gear up for activities like kayaking, hiking, biking, fishing, surfing, boating, golfing, horseback riding and more. We are only one hour from Jacksonville or one hour from Orlando.