- Performs physical examinations of patients; evaluation and treatment of adult thoracic surgery patients in the clinic and hospital setting for pre and post-operative patients
- Conditions treated and post-op care include but not limited to: Robotic Surgery for the Lungs and Chest, Minimally invasive treatment for Early Stage Lung Cancer, Experienced Surgical Treatment for Advanced Lung Cancer, Multimodality treatment for Advanced Lung Cancer, Lung Cancer, Surgical intervention and therapies for Esophageal conditions
- Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests, such as laboratory, X-ray, etc.
- Assist Physician with hospital procedures as needed
- Assist patient and family with pre- and post-operative education
- Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
- Collaborates with physician and staff as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
- Displays a caring and professional attitude at all time as well as maintaining personal and professional growth
- Schedule will consist of weekly rotations covering inpatient rounding, consults and follow up of thoracic surgical patients.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, patients, parents and hospital medical staff
- Desire to become part of a multi-disciplinary thoracic surgery program
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule as evening and weekend on-call/rounding will be required
- Candidate must be able to successfully pass a third-party background check and pre-employment drug screen
- Master’s degree in Nursing from an accredited College or University
- Experience in Adult cardiology or cardiothoracic surgery
- Current, valid Florida APRN license (or eligible)
- Certification through AANP, ANCC or other nationally recognized certification body (or eligible)
- BLS, ACLS certification required
AdventHealth Celebration, a part of AdventHealth Orlando, formerly known as Florida Hospital Celebration Health is a 237-bed, state-of-the-art hospital that serves as a showcase of innovation and excellence in healthcare. Our reputation for delivering highly efficient, patient-focused and cost-effective care allows us to achieve optimum health and wellness for patients with an emphasis on healing the whole person - mind, body and spirit. AdventHealth Celebration has been serving the residents of Osceola, Orange, Polk and Lake counties, and patients from around the world.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.