Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) or Physician Assistant(PA-C),
Career Opportunity Palliative Care- Inpatient
The ARNP or PA-C, under the supervision of the Physician(s), who acts as the collaborative practitioner, is responsible for:
- Performs physical examinations and medical management of palliative care patients in the hospital setting including: new consultations, admissions, follow up and discharging of patients per hospital protocol
- Primary Hospital Covered is AdventHealth Orlando with the expectation that there may be a need to cover another one of our Central Florida Campuses as needed
- Review patient’s medical history and collaborate with members of the healthcare team to develop, implement and assess appropriate plans of care
- Assists in appropriate education and communication regarding end of life care and planning with patients and families
- Tailor patient care plans to fit the unique circumstances of each patient and family
- Order and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests, such as routine laboratory, X-ray, etc
- Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
- Demonstrate through consistent behavior a passion patient advocacy by protecting patient’s rights and providing emotional, social, and cultural support
- Displays a caring and professional attitude at all time as well as maintaining personal and professional growth
- Fully and appropriately document patient care and engage in education to maintain a working knowledge of standards in clinical documentation
- Actively engage in continuous process improvement and programmatic development
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Ability to work a flexible schedule rotating weekends and holidays
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, patients, and the public.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to handle a high volume of patients in an inpatient setting
- Position is based at Winter Park Hospital
- Candidate must be able to pass a third-party background check and pre-employment drug screen
Master’s degree in Advanced Practice Registered Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant studies
Previous Inpatient Internal Medicine and Oncology experience is required 1 -2 years
Prefer 2 years of inpatient based medicine, preferably in Internal Medicine
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
Current, valid Florida APRN or PA license required
ANCC (or equivalent) or NCCPA (or equivalent) required
Current BLS and ACLS required
AdventHealth Orlando is our 1,364 bed tertiary facility with close to 160 ICU beds. It is at the center of eight other hospitals around the greater Orlando area, which total approximately 3,000 beds. AdventHealth operates many hospitals across 9 different states; 28 of which are in Florida. Our mission has remained the same and is to Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ.
Since 1908, AdventHealth Orlando has cared for the Central Florida community as well as patients from around the world. AdventHealth Orlando is an acute-care, tertiary hospital caring for approximately 300,000 patients a year. As the primary campus for more than 1,000 physicians, AdventHealth Orlando is home to nationally recognized Centers of Excellence for Cancer, Cardiology, Children, Diabetes, Neuroscience, Orthopaedics, and Abdominal and Cardiothoracic Transplant. AdventHealth Orlando continues to meet the growing needs of our community with the addition of the Ginsburg Tower, a $255 million 15-story facility that is home to the AdventHealth Cardiovascular Institute and a football-field-sized emergency department that can accommodate the treatment of more patients in less time.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.