Advanced Practice Registered Nurse, APRN or Physician Assistant, PA-C
Full-Time Oncology and Hematology opportunity
The APRN or PA, under the supervision of the Physician(s) who acts as the collaborative practitioner(s), is responsible for:
- Performs physical examinations of patient’s evaluation and treatment of oncology and Hematology patients within the clinic and hospital setting
- Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests, such as routine laboratory, X-ray, etc.
- Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referrals as needed
- Treatment and management to a wide variety of cancers including but not limited to breast, lung, gastrointestinal, head and neck, and urologic, along with chronic leukemias and lymphomas
- Collaborates with physician supervisor and staff, as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
- Displays a caring and professional attitude at all time
- Locations to be covered: AdventHealth Celebration and AdventHealth Kissimmee
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, patients, and the public
- Strong clinical background with an emphasis on oncology related conditions
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Nursing or Physician Assistant Studies
- Required: 1-3 years of experience as ARNP or PA-C in Hematology/Oncology
Licensure, Certification, and Registration Required:
- Current, valid Florida APRN or PA license
- ANCC, AANP (or equivalent) certification is required
- BLS and ACLS required
- ONS Certification preferred
About the practice:
ADVENTHEALTH MEDICAL GROUP ONCOLOGY AND HEMATOLOGY AT CELEBRATION AND KISSIMMEE is a hematology and oncology facility affiliated with one of the most comprehensive cancer programs in the state, AdventHealth Cancer Institute. The multidisciplinary team of specialists provides treatment for all cancers, in and outpatient chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and symptom management associated with cancer, blood disorders. Patients have access to a multitude of cancer support and resources, including access to national clinical trials, cancer care coordinator and oncology social worker. Our physicians are board certified in oncology and internal medicine and bring nearly a century of extensive clinical experience in the treatment of cancers and blood diseases.
AdventHealth Celebration, a part of AdventHealth Orlando, formerly known as Florida Hospital Celebration Health is a 237-bed, state-of-the-art hospital that serves as a showcase of innovation and excellence in healthcare. Our reputation for delivering highly efficient, patient-focused and cost-effective care allows us to achieve optimum health and wellness for patients with an emphasis on healing the whole person - mind, body and spirit. AdventHealth Celebration has been serving the residents of Osceola, Orange, Polk and Lake counties, and patients from around the world.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
- Hospital Website
- Global Robotics
- Orlando Hotels
- Orange County Parks and Recreation
- Seminole County Parks and Recreation
- Orange County Florida