ADVENTHEALTH MEDICAL GROUP COLORECTAL SURGERY AT Kissimmee, FL
Hiring Full Time - Physician Assistant, PA-C or Advanced Practice Registered Nurse, APRN;
The Center for Colon & Rectal Surgery offers comprehensive treatments and minimally-invasive surgery for a multitude of colorectal disorders, conditions and cancers. A multi-disciplinary practice, it is also part of The Pelvic Floor Center of Orlando, providing state-of-the-art diagnostic testing.
The APRN or PA, under the supervision of the Physician(s) who acts as the collaborative practitioner(s), is responsible for:
- Performing health assessments including patient history and physical examination in the office and hospital setting – Primarily in Kissimmee, FL
- Performs diagnostic procedures according to privileges and maintains log.
- Conditions treated include but are not limited to: Anal Abscess/Fistula, Anal Cancer, Colon and Rectal Cancer, Lower GI bleeding, Fecal Incontinence, Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Diverticular Disease, Rectal Prolapse, Hemorrhoids, Ostomy Care and Intestinal Fistulas.
- Orders, interprets and incorporates diagnostic tests, studies and lab values into the plan of care; evaluates effectiveness.
- Formulates appropriate diagnosis based on history, physical examination and clinical findings.
- Plans and provides care within the framework of policies, unit guidelines and privileges.
- Prescribes pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic therapies according to privileges.
- Provides ongoing patient/family and staff education.
- Collaborates with all members of the healthcare team including family.
- Documents in a timely and thorough manner.
- Communicates report in an efficient and complete manner.
- Master’s Degree- Nursing or PA Studies
- Valid Florida License
- Clinical experience with GI or Colon and Rectal Surgery (1 – 3 years)
Licensure, Certification, and Registration Required:
- Current, valid Florida APRN License
- ANCC (or equivalent) Certification
- Current BLS and ACLS required
AdventHealth Kissimmee, a part of AdventHealth Orlando, formerly Florida Hospital Kissimmee offers comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services in a full range of specialties. Some of the area’s finest doctors and surgeons practice today’s most cutting-edge treatments and techniques at our esteemed Osceola County campus. There’s nothing more important than the health and well-being of your family. When it comes to health care, your loved ones deserve elite medical services, personalized attention and a warm, nurturing environment that fosters healing and recovery. Our new hospital expansion to 162 beds delivers all of this and more. We’ve transformed our hospital into a world-class destination for individualized comprehensive care just for you.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
- Hospital Website
- Orlando Hotels
- Orange County Parks and Recreation
- Seminole County Parks and Recreation
- Orange County Florida