Opportunities in the Cardiovascular ICU – AdventHealth Central Florida
We are looking for PA’s and APRN’s to join our growing critical care team. The APP would serve as a member of the cardiovascular critical care team by providing direct clinical services for critically ill adult patients with cardiac or multi-system failure.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The APP would be expected to complete the following under physician direction and within the credentialing standards of the Hospital: (other duties as assigned)
- Obtain patient health histories and complete physical examinations and documents findings
- Order and interpret appropriate diagnostic and laboratory tests, explaining the necessity, preparation, nature and anticipated effects of procedure(s) to patients, patient's family, staff and healthcare learners.
- Formulates and implements a treatment plan for acute illness management in collaboration with the designated primary supervising physician and/or attending back-up physician(s) and documents as necessary
- Assesses patients for changes in status and institutes appropriate interventions, including initiation of necessary emergency interventions to stabilize patient.
- Procedures performed but not limited to: Chest Tubes, inserts and manages arterial catheters, central venous catheters, pulmonary artery catheters, temporary pacemakers, CPR, airway management including bag and mask ventilation, endotracheal intubation and defibrillation
- Participates and assists with the pre-, peri-, and postoperative management of the cardiac transplant, ventricular assist device, and ECMO patient in the OR and ICU’s.
- Performs and participates in quality/performance improvement activities and clinical research.
- Participates in and supports accreditation, compliance, and regulatory activities of the organization.
- Ability to provide in-hospital coverage on a rotating shift basis.
- Hours are either 5 AM – 5 PM (Day), or 5 PM to 5 AM (night)
- 14 (12 hour) shifts required per month
- The shifts will include days, nights, two weekends per month and holiday rotation.
Experience and Requirements:
- Experience with transplant patients, L-VAD, Circulatory Assist Device, CBG’s
- ECMO experience (preferred)
- Master’s Degree in Physician Assistant Studies or Nursing with Acute Care Certification
- Board Certification through NCCPA, ANCC or AACN or equivalent
- BLS, ACLS, CALS, FCCS, ATLS certifications or eligible
- 1-2 years’ experience as a PA or APRN in one of the following: Cardiac Surgery, Cardiac ICU or Cardiovascular ICU
- Competitive salary with annual incentive and extra shift potential
- 403(b) plan with employer contribution
- CME allowance
- Paid Occurrence Based Malpractice
- First day health insurance with extremely low healthcare premiums
AdventHealth Orlando is our 1,364 bed tertiary facility with close to 160 ICU beds. It is at the center of eight other hospitals around the greater Orlando area, which total approximately 3,000 beds. AdventHealth operates many hospitals across 9 different states; 30 of which are in Florida. Our mission has remained the same and is to Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ.
Since 1908, AdventHealth Orlando has cared for the Central Florida community as well as patients from around the world. AdventHealth Orlando is an acute-care, tertiary hospital caring for approximately 300,000 patients a year. As the primary campus for more than 1,000 physicians, AdventHealth Orlando is home to nationally recognized Centers of Excellence for Cancer, Cardiology, Children, Diabetes, Neuroscience, Orthopaedics, and Abdominal and Cardiothoracic Transplant. AdventHealth Orlando continues to meet the growing needs of our community with the addition of the Ginsburg Tower, a $255 million 15-story facility that is home to the AdventHealth Cardiovascular Institute and a football-field-sized emergency department that can accommodate the treatment of more patients in less time.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
- Hospital Website
- University of Central Florida College of Medicine
- AdventHealth Graduate Medical Education
- Orlando Hotels
- Orange County Parks and Recreation
- Seminole County Parks and Recreation
- Orange County Florida