AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth (formerly Adventist Health System) and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s ten campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Heart of Florida, Kissimmee, Lake Wales, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares.
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) or Physician Assistant (PA-C)
AdventHealth Medical Group Cardiology at Orlando and Celebration
Full Time Position
The APRN or PA-C, under the supervision of the Physician(s), who acts as the collaborative practitioner, is responsible for:
- Performing physical examinations as needed and monitors cardiology & interventional cardiology patients in the hospital and clinic setting: new patient visits, pre-& post-procedure care, follow up, patient education
- Ordering and interpreting appropriate diagnostic tests, such as routine laboratory, X-ray, etc.
- Monitoring the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
- Collaborating with physician and staff as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
- Displaying a caring and professional attitude at all time as well as maintaining personal and professional growth
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, patients, and the public.
- Patients with CHF, chest pain, Uncontrolled hypertension, palpitations, cardiogenic Syncope, Valve disease, cardiomyopathy, valve disease, cardiomyopathy, atrial fibrillation, atrial flutter, ventricular arrhythmias etc.
- Flexibility to cover Orange, Osceola, Polk, and Seminole county hospitals.
- Both In-patient and Out-Patient responsibilities
- Schedule: Monday – Friday, some weekend responsibility and overnight home call
- Serving Orlando and Celebration campuses.
- Master’s degree in Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant studies
- Must have 4-6 years’ experience as an Advanced Practice Provider in Cardiology
- Critical Care experience as an Advanced Practice Provider is a plus
- Out-patient cardiology experienced preferred
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
- Current, valid Florida APRN or PA license
- ANCC, AANP or NCCPA certification required
- Current BLS and ACLS
AdventHealth Celebration, a part of AdventHealth Orlando, formerly known as Florida Hospital Celebration Health is a 237-bed, state-of-the-art hospital that serves as a showcase of innovation and excellence in healthcare. Our reputation for delivering highly efficient, patient-focused and cost-effective care allows us to achieve optimum health and wellness for patients with an emphasis on healing the whole person - mind, body and spirit. AdventHealth Celebration has been serving the residents of Osceola, Orange, Polk and Lake counties, and patients from around the world.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
- Orange County Parks and Recreation
- Seminole County Parks and Recreation
- Orange County Florida
- Hospital Website
- Global Robotics