AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s eight campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Kissimmee, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares.
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) or Physician Assistant (PA-C)
PRN Inpatient Opportunity (weekend coverage)
Serving AdventHealth Apopka
General Summary: The APRN or PA-C, under the supervision of the Physician(s), who acts as the collaborative practitioner, is responsible for:
- Performing physical examinations as needed and monitors cardiology & interventional cardiology patients in the hospital and clinic setting: new patient visits, pre-& post-procedure care, follow up, patient education
- Ordering and interpreting appropriate diagnostic tests, such as routine laboratory, X-ray, etc.
- Monitoring the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
- Collaborating with physician and staff as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
- Displaying a caring and professional attitude at all time as well as maintaining personal and professional growth
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, patients, and the public.
- Flexibility to cover Winer Garden, Apopka, and Orlando campuses
- Some new patient, mostly follow-ups
- Patients with CHF, chest pain, Uncontrolled hypertension, palpitations, cardiogenic Syncope, Valve disease, cardiomyopathy, valve disease, cardiomyopathy, atrial fibrillation, atrial flutter, ventricular arrhythmias etc.
- Potential to work in the hypertension clinic
- Schedule: as needed
- Primarily in-patient responsibilities
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Team player
- Strong communication skills
- Willingness to learn and grow.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
Education and Experience Required:
- Master’s degree in Nursing (APRN) or Physician Assistant (PA-C) Studies
- 2-4 years of experience as a provider in cardiology
- Experience running stress tests (highly preferred)
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
- Master’s Degree in Nursing (APRN) or Physician Assistant (PA-C) Studies
- Current, valid Florida APRN or PA license
- Certification through the ANCC, AANP or NCCPA (or equivalent certification body)
- Current BLS required
AdventHealth Orlando is an internationally renowned hospital that specializes in life-saving medical treatments, preventative care and pioneering research. Our healing network includes 30 hospitals and more than 100 extended service locations across the state of Florida. Everything we do is designed to fulfill our ultimate goal — to help people live a healthier, fuller life in mind, body and spirit.
AdventHealth Orlando is our 1,364 bed tertiary facility with close to 160 ICU beds. It is at the center of nine other hospitals around the greater Orlando area, which total approximately 3,000 beds. AdventHealth operates many hospitals across nine different states; 30 of which are in Florida. Our mission has remained the same and is to Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ.
Since 1908, AdventHealth Orlando has cared for the Central Florida community as well as patients from around the world. AdventHealth Orlando is an acute-care, tertiary hospital caring for approximately 300,000 patients a year. As the primary campus for more than 1,000 physicians, AdventHealth Orlando is home to nationally recognized Centers of Excellence for Cancer, Cardiology, Children, Diabetes, Neuroscience, Orthopaedics, and Abdominal and Cardiothoracic Transplant. AdventHealth Orlando continues to meet the growing needs of our community with the addition of the Ginsburg Tower, a $255 million 15-story facility that is home to the AdventHealth Cardiovascular Institute and a football-field-sized emergency department that can accommodate the treatment of more patients in less time.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
- Hospital Website
- AdventHealth Graduate Medical Education
- Orange County Parks and Recreation
- Seminole County Parks and Recreation
- Orange County Florida