Opportunity in the General ICU – AdventHealth Central Florida
PRN (per diem basis)
At AdventHealth we believe it’s about more than mending what’s broken and healing what hurts, it’s about compassionate, lifelong, whole-person care. Start changing lives today by joining a healthcare system where we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion.
#1 in Orlando “America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S. News & World Report
#1 Hospital in the State of Florida 2019
America’s Best Employers by State - Forbes
We are looking for PA’s and APRN’s to serve as members of our expanding critical care team. The APP assist in management of critically ill patients in our closed ICU. The ideal candidate would apply specialized skills and knowledge related to ICU settings to contribute to excellence in patient care, research, teaching, consulting and provides leadership to the organization.
General Summary: The APP under the supervision and direction of the Physician and within the credentialing standards of the Hospital: (other duties as assigned)
- Obtain patient health histories and complete physical examinations and documents findings
- Order and interpret appropriate diagnostic and laboratory tests, explaining the necessity, preparation, nature and anticipated effects of procedure(s) to patients, patient's family, staff and healthcare learners.
- Formulates and implements a treatment plan for acute illness management in collaboration with the designated primary supervising physician and/or attending back-up physician(s) and documents as necessary
- Assesses patients for changes in status and institutes appropriate interventions, including initiation of necessary emergency interventions to stabilize patient.
- Procedures performed but not limited to: inserts and manages arterial catheters, central venous catheters, pulmonary artery catheters, and other procedures commensurate with an ICU environment, CPR; airway management including bag and mask ventilation, endotracheal intubation and extubation, repositioning endotracheal tubes; and defibrillation
- directing administration of life supporting drugs according to established protocols
- Performs and participates in quality/performance improvement activities and clinical research.
- Shifts are 12-hour shifts on an as needed basis
- Hours are either 7 AM – 7 PM (Day), or 7 PM to 7 AM (night)
- Master’s Degree in Nursing (Acute Care Certified) or Physician Assistant (PA) Studies
- 5 years of ICU RN experience OR 3 years as APRN in the ICU
- 3 years as a PA in the ICU OR 5 years as a PA in a surgical specialty
- Current, valid Florida APRN or PA-C License
- Current ACLS and BLS certification
- FCCS, ATLS certifications (Preferred but not required)
Start your life-changing journey today!
AdventHealth Orlando is an internationally renowned hospital that specializes in life-saving medical treatments, preventative care and pioneering research. Our healing network includes 30 hospitals and more than 100 extended service locations across the state of Florida. Everything we do is designed to fulfill our ultimate goal — to help people live a healthier, fuller life in mind, body and spirit.
AdventHealth Orlando is our 1,364 bed tertiary facility with close to 160 ICU beds. It is at the center of nine other hospitals around the greater Orlando area, which total approximately 3,000 beds. AdventHealth operates many hospitals across nine different states; 30 of which are in Florida. Our mission has remained the same and is to Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ.
Since 1908, AdventHealth Orlando has cared for the Central Florida community as well as patients from around the world. AdventHealth Orlando is an acute-care, tertiary hospital caring for approximately 300,000 patients a year. As the primary campus for more than 1,000 physicians, AdventHealth Orlando is home to nationally recognized Centers of Excellence for Cancer, Cardiology, Children, Diabetes, Neuroscience, Orthopaedics, and Abdominal and Cardiothoracic Transplant. AdventHealth Orlando continues to meet the growing needs of our community with the addition of the Ginsburg Tower, a $255 million 15-story facility that is home to the AdventHealth Cardiovascular Institute and a football-field-sized emergency department that can accommodate the treatment of more patients in less time.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
- Hospital Website
- AdventHealth Graduate Medical Education
- Orange County Parks and Recreation
- Seminole County Parks and Recreation
- Orange County Florida