AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s ten campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Heart of Florida, Kissimmee, Lake Wales, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares.
AdventHealth Medical Group Psychiatry at Winter Park
Full Time opportunity for a Clinical Social Worker, LCSW
Utilizes expertise in patient/family assessment incorporating physical, psycho-social, environmental, spiritual, and financial factors to assess patients for barriers that interfere with the attainment of healthcare goals.
• Educates the health care team and physicians about psycho-social issues and identified patient/family problems as well as recommends strategies to address these issues.
• Responsible for assessment and treatment of individuals with mental, emotional, social or substance abuse problems, including abuse of alcohol, tobacco, and/or other related drugs.
• Provide short-term, structured, evidence-based psychotherapy as part of an appropriate treatment plan.
• Coordinate and collaborate with the primary care providers to improve health outcomes.
• Facilitate referrals to other services (e.g. substance abuse treatment, specialty care and community resources as needed.
• Provide clinical therapeutic services to patients, including individual and group therapy and coordination of treatment for participants with co-occurring disorders.
• Provide crisis intervention as needed.
• Maintain accurate and timely records of activities and services provided to each client.
• Provides ongoing patient/family and staff education.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Team player
• Strong communication skills
• Schedule: Monday – Friday
Education and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Social Work
• Experience in Pediatrics, Adult and Family therapy
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
• Current, valid LCSW license
• Current BLS
AdventHealth Winter Park, a part of AdventHealth Orlando, formerly Winter Park Memorial Hospital was chartered in 1951. The hospital has grown from the visionary efforts of a handful of Winter Park residents and community leaders, to a 382-bed acute care facility that is a model of community health and wellness. Over the years the hospital has continually expanded to meet the needs of the community, adding an upscale obstetrics and Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at The Dr. P. Phillips Baby Place, AdventHealth Winter Park’s Outpatient Center and Women's Services, cancer care at AdventHealth’s Cancer Institute, Winter Park, and state-of-the-art surgery, recovery and rehabilitation at the AdventHealth Orthopaedic Institute.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
- Hospital Website
- Orange County Parks and Recreation
- Seminole County Parks and Recreation
- Orange County Florida