- Performs admissions, consultations, and daily care of pediatric patients in the Pediatric ICU setting.
- Perform procedures including central venous lines, arterial lines, chest tubes, and endotracheal intubation.
- Managing medical and post-operative ICU patients
- Conditions treated: Respiratory Disease, Liver Failure/ Transplants, Multi-system organ failure, Uncontrolled/ New Onset Diabetes, Neuro-surgery patients and varying level of acuity and medical conditions. ECMO (preferred). No post operative cardiac care
- Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests, such as routine laboratory, X-ray, etc.
- Educates patient and family on treatment plans, surgical procedures, pre and post-operative care, etc.
- Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
- Collaborates with physician and staff as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
- Always displays a caring and professional attitude
- Passion for pediatric patients and families
- 13 shifts a month – 13-hour clinical shifts (169 hours per month) Both day and night call
Knowledge, Education and Experience Required:
- Pediatric Acute Care Master’s degree in Nursing or Physician Assistant studies
- 5 years’ experience as a Pediatric APRN or PA-C in an ICU or acute care setting (Highly preferred)
- Strong communication skills
- “Team player” mentality
- Preference given to “nocturnist” applicants
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
- Current, valid Florida APRN license (or eligibility to obtain FL licensure)
- Certification by Pediatric Nursing Certification Board (PNCB) (Highly preferred)
- BLS, and PALS certification required
- Candidate must be able to successfully pass a third-party background check and pre-employment drug screen
Our Walt Disney Pavilion at AdventHealth for Children is a full service, tertiary children’s hospital with over 200 dedicated pediatric beds, more than 30 peds ICU beds with a dedicated peds CICU, a 102 bed NICU, 17 bed pediatric emergency department and statewide pediatric network and transport system. We started our comprehensive pediatric open heart program in 2012 and have a strong track record of positive outcomes. We also have several key destination programs including our level IV Epilepsy program, the region’s only BMT and solid organ transplants including kidney and liver, and we increased Orlando area NICU beds to 150 total in 2017. Our unparalleled network consists of 30 hospitals across the state with one children’s hospital at the center totals over 23,000 births and several extremely successful pediatric subspecialty programs including outreach clinics. These 30 hospitals refer patients for tertiary and quaternary services to our main location near downtown Orlando. Our newest program has brought pediatric liver transplant services to Central Florida. In 2019 through 2022-2023, AdventHealth for Children is recognized by US News and World Report as the best Children’s Hospital for newborn care in Florida. We are also recognized by The Leapfrog Group as a top Children’s Hospital for quality and safety, and we are a magnet designated hospital for nursing care.
AdventHealth is conveniently close to many gorgeous homes, downtown urban living, shopping, and great schools. As one of the most visited American cities, Orlando has world-class attractions including Universal Studios, Walt Disney World, and easy access to both coasts for numerous world renown beaches. Orlando is home to major league soccer (Orlando City Lions), NBA basketball (Orlando Magic) as well as University of Central Florida sports. The city also has many public and private universities and colleges. The Dr. Phillips Center for Performing Arts hosts variety of musical and theatrical performances throughout the year.
- Hospital Website
- Orange County Parks and Recreation
- Seminole County Parks and Recreation
- Orange County Florida
- Osceola County Florida