AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s eight campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Kissimmee, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares.
Pediatric Cardiac ICU
Pediatric Advanced Practice Registered Nurse or Physician Assistant
AdventHealth for Children - Orlando, FL
- The Pediatric APRN or PA-C, under the supervision of the Physician, who acts as the collaborative practitioner, is responsible for:
- Performs admissions, consultations and follow up care of pediatric patients in the Pediatric ICU and Cardiac ICU setting, including intubation, ventilator management and other procedures that may be required
- Managing medical and post-operative ICU patients
- Conditions treated: Congenital Heart Surgery, Neuro Surgery, Oncology, Epilepsy, Complex Medical, Liver Transplant
- Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests, such as routine laboratory, X-ray, etc.
- Educates patient and family on treatment plans, surgical procedures, pre and post-operative care, etc.
- Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
- Collaborates with physician and staff as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
- Always displays a caring and professional attitude
- Passion for pediatric patients and families
- Candidate must be able to successfully pass a third-party background check and pre-employment drug screen
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Enthusiastic team player, team currently consists of 4 PCICU physicians, and 2 other APP’s
- Group sees over 200 heart cases annually
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, 14 12-hour shifts, days, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to perform procedures: lines, intubations, etc.
Education and Experience Required:
- Master’s degree in Nursing or Physician Assistant studies
- 1-3 years in experience as a Pediatric APRN or PA-C in an ICU, acute care or ER setting
- Cardiac ICU experience as an RN (Highly Preferred)
- Experience with ECMO (Highly Preferred)
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
- Current, valid Florida APRN license (or eligibility to obtain FL licensure)
- Certification by Pediatric Nursing Certification Board (PNCB) (Highly preferred)
- BLS, ACLS and PALS certification
Our Walt Disney Pavilion at AdventHealth for Children is a full service, tertiary children’s hospital with over 200 dedicated pediatric beds, more than 30 peds ICU beds with a dedicated peds CICU, a 102 bed NICU, 17 bed pediatric emergency department and statewide pediatric network and transport system. We started our comprehensive pediatric open heart program in 2012 and have a strong track record of positive outcomes. We also have several key destination programs including our level IV Epilepsy program, the region’s only BMT and solid organ transplants including kidney and liver, and we increased Orlando area NICU beds to 150 total in 2017. Our unparalleled network consists of 30 hospitals across the state with one children’s hospital at the center totals over 15,000 births and several extremely successful pediatric subspecialty programs including outreach clinics. These 30 hospitals refer patients for tertiary and quaternary services to our main location near downtown Orlando. Our newest program has brought pediatric liver transplant services to Central Florida. In 2019, AdventHealth for Children is recognized by US News and World Report as the best Children’s Hospital for newborn care in Florida. We are also recognized by The Leapfrog Group as a top Children’s Hospital for quality and safety, and we are a magnet designated hospital for nursing care.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
- Hospital Website
- Orlando Hotels
- Orange County Parks and Recreation
- Seminole County Parks and Recreation
- Orange County Florida