AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s ten campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Heart of Florida, Kissimmee, Lake Wales, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares
OBGYN at Waterman - Certified Nurse Midwife
Full-time inpatient and outpatient opportunity
AdventHealth AdventHealth Waterman
• Evaluates pregnant and postpartum women in triage, walk-in labor & delivery patients
• Evaluates pregnant and postpartum women including managing all aspects of pre-natal visits
• Performs the nursing duties related to midwifery including labor and delivery care, care after birth, and newborn care.
• Educates women about different types of care available and encourages them to enhance their pregnancy by being involved.
• Orders, interprets and incorporates diagnostic tests, studies and lab values into the plan of care; evaluates effectiveness.
• Formulates appropriate diagnosis based on history, physical examination and clinical findings.
• Plans and provides care within the framework of policies, unit guidelines and privileges.
• Serves as OB/GYN team member working closely with physicians and other staff to ensure healthy pregnancies and deliveries.
• Prescribes pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic therapies according to privileges.
• Emphasizes patient education, active participation, clear communication between the provider and the women, and an individualized health care experience.
• Advocates birth education, natural childbirth, and the participation of the entire family.
• Teaches patients about all aspects of an infant’s reaction to its environment including but not limited to breast feeding and bonding.
• Communicates and documents pertinent case information in a timely and thorough manner.
• Call required; includes hospital rounding and overnight phone coverage
• Campus: AdventHealth Waterman
• Participation in Holiday rotation required
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Knowledge of midwifery principles and techniques.
• Knowledge of methods ensuring safe working environment for patient, family, and staff including using appropriate personal protection equipment.
• Knowledge of theories of family dynamics, mother-child attachment, parenting, and adult learning concepts.
Education and Experience Required:
• Master’s Degree in Nursing with Midwifery Certification
• 1-3 years as midwife in hospital setting
• 1-3 years as a midwife in the outpatient setting
• Minimum three years of experience as RN including Labor and Delivery in a high-risk center
Licensure, Certification or Registration Required:
• Certification of Nurse Midwifery (CNM) program accredited by American College of Nurse Midwives (ACNM).
• Current BLS and ACLS
• DEA Licensure (Preferred but not required)
AdventHealth Waterman (formerly Florida Hospital Waterman) is a 300-bed, full-service community hospital located in the heart of Lake County. Founded in 1938 by Frank Waterman, president of the Waterman Fountain Pen Company, the hospital has grown from an 18-bed facility to a leading provider of acute and home health services in Central Florida. The hospital joined the Adventist Health System in 1992 and moved to its current location in 2003. With more than 1,900 employees and over 300 physicians and advanced practice providers on its medical staff, the hospital treats more than 14,000 inpatients a year and treats over 65,000 patients in its Emergency Department annually.
Beautiful Lake County, where residents and visitors enjoy the quiet pleasures of rural living among 1,400 lakes for fishing and water sports, all within 90 minutes of the Orlando International Airport, East Coast beaches, Gulf Coast beaches, and the Orlando area attractions. The average temperature is 70 degrees, with summer highs in the 90's and winter lows in the 50's and 60's.