AdventHealth Orlando is seeking an experienced NeuroICU Advanced Practice Provider (APP) to join our expanding critical care team. The APP would be based out of AdventHealth Orlando, which has approximately 165 critical care beds. Our Neuro Critical Care unit is currently 28 beds, with the capacity to increase to 40 beds. Our group is currently looking to continue to grow its comprehensive and successful 24/7 closed ICU model.
The APP would serve as a member of the Neurocritical Care team by assisting in management of critically ill patients at AdventHealth. The PA/APRN applies specialized skills and knowledge related to Neuro ICU settings in which they practice, contributes to excellence in patient care, research, teaching, and consulting at AdventHealth.
Under physician direction and within the credentialing standards of the Hospital, the APP will assist with:
• Providing direct clinical services for critically ill adult patients with multi-system failure, utilizing evidence-based clinical practice standards under the supervision of the patient’s physician
• Obtains patient health histories and complete physical examinations and documents findings in accordance with hospital requirements
• Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic and laboratory tests, explaining the necessity, preparation, nature and anticipated effects of procedure(s) to patients, patient's family, staff and healthcare learners
• Performs CPR; airway management including bag and mask ventilation, endotracheal intubation and extubation; directing administration of life supporting drugs, and defibrillation
• Inserts and manages arterial catheters, central venous catheters, pulmonary artery catheters, and other procedures commensurate with an ICU environment
• Interfaces patients with monitoring and instrumentation equipment and directs and educates others in performing the same functions
• Perform admissions and consultations to the NeuroICU and Neuro-intermediate unit Rounds with Neuro- Intensivist, provides cross coverage on the patients rounded on earlier
• Formulates and implements a treatment plan for acute illness management in collaboration with the designated primary supervising physician and/or attending back-up physician(s) and documents in medical records and appropriate narrative summaries
• Assesses patients for changes in status and institutes appropriate interventions, including initiation of necessary emergency interventions to stabilize patient
• Participates and assists with the pre-, peri-, and postoperative management of the patients admitted to the
ICU Schedule Details:
• All Inpatient - 14 (12-hour) shifts per month
• No call
• Provide cross coverage on the 40 beds combined unit
• Perform admissions to Neuro ICU and Nero-Intermediate Unit
• Day and Night Coverage; 7 am – 7 pm or 7 pm – 7 am
Required Education & Experience:
• Master’s degree in Nursing (Acute Care Certification) or Physician Assistant Studies
• 1 – 2 years’ experience in the NeuroICU as a PA or ACNP
• Experience as an RN in the NeuroICU (Highly preferred but not required)
Licensure, Certification, & Registration:
• Current, valid Florida PA or APRN license
• Certification by NCCPA, ANCC, or other nationally recognized certification organization
• BLS & ACLS
AdventHealth Orlando is an internationally renowned hospital that specializes in life-saving medical treatments, preventative care and pioneering research. Our healing network includes 30 hospitals and more than 100 extended service locations across the state of Florida. Everything we do is designed to fulfill our ultimate goal — to help people live a healthier, fuller life in mind, body and spirit.
AdventHealth Orlando is our 1,364 bed tertiary facility with close to 160 ICU beds. It is at the center of nine other hospitals around the greater Orlando area, which total approximately 3,000 beds. AdventHealth operates many hospitals across nine different states; 30 of which are in Florida. Our mission has remained the same and is to Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ.
Since 1908, AdventHealth Orlando has cared for the Central Florida community as well as patients from around the world. AdventHealth Orlando is an acute-care, tertiary hospital caring for approximately 300,000 patients a year. As the primary campus for more than 1,000 physicians, AdventHealth Orlando is home to nationally recognized Centers of Excellence for Cancer, Cardiology, Children, Diabetes, Neuroscience, Orthopaedics, and Abdominal and Cardiothoracic Transplant. AdventHealth Orlando continues to meet the growing needs of our community with the addition of the Ginsburg Tower, a $255 million 15-story facility that is home to the AdventHealth Cardiovascular Institute and a football-field-sized emergency department that can accommodate the treatment of more patients in less time.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
- Hospital Website
- AdventHealth Graduate Medical Education
- Orange County Parks and Recreation
- Seminole County Parks and Recreation
- Orange County Florida