Neonatal Nurse Practitioner opportunity available in the Orlando, Florida area. AdventHealth Medical Group is seeking dynamic and energetic Neonatal APRN to work in our 102 single room NICU at AdventHealth Orlando.
We have several Neonatologists and NNPs/PAs during daytime and have an in-house Neonatologist and two NNPs/PAs at night. This busy NICU provides comprehensive medical and surgical care to sick neonates. We have a variety of sub-specialists support e.g. Pediatric Surgery, Cardiology, Radiology, Neurology, Neuro-surgery etc. Our team is well supported by dedicated respiratory therapists, nutritionists, pharmacists, social workers and case managers. Our campus also has a Pediatric ICU and Pediatric Cardiac ICU.
Our NICU features leading edge technologies, including nitric oxide therapy, hypothermia management, neonatal surgeries etc. We have an active Neonatal transport team with ability to use inhaled Nitric Oxide and therapeutic hypothermia during transport.
We are seeking Neonatal Advanced Practice Registered Nurses to join our Neonatal team.
- The NNP is responsible for providing care for NICU patients within the scope of licensure and within the supervising physician's scope of practice
- Evaluate patients, perform procedures, develop treatment plans, order and interpret labs, x-rays and other diagnostic studies per specialty guidelines and under the guidance of the Neonatologist
- Communicate with parents, other specialists and among NICU team
Required Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Nursing with Neonatal Certification (required)
- 1-2 years of experience in the NICU as an RN (highly preferred)
- 1-2 years of experience in the NICU as a Neonatal APRN (preferred but not required)
Required Licensure and Certifications:
- Must hold a valid Florida APRN License with Neonatal certification or ability to obtain
- Certification through ANCC, or other nationally recognized certifying body
- BLS, ACLS, PALS, NRP certification
Our Walt Disney Pavilion at AdventHealth for Children is a full service, tertiary children’s hospital with over 200 dedicated pediatric beds, more than 30 peds ICU beds with a dedicated peds CICU, a 102 bed NICU, 17 bed pediatric emergency department and statewide pediatric network and transport system. We started our comprehensive pediatric open heart program in 2012 and have a strong track record of positive outcomes. We also have several key destination programs including our level IV Epilepsy program, the region’s only BMT and solid organ transplants including kidney and liver, and we increased Orlando area NICU beds to 150 total in 2017. Our unparalleled network consists of 30 hospitals across the state with one children’s hospital at the center totals over 23,000 births and several extremely successful pediatric subspecialty programs including outreach clinics. These 30 hospitals refer patients for tertiary and quaternary services to our main location near downtown Orlando. Our newest program has brought pediatric liver transplant services to Central Florida. In 2019 through 2022-2023, AdventHealth for Children is recognized by US News and World Report as the best Children’s Hospital for newborn care in Florida. We are also recognized by The Leapfrog Group as a top Children’s Hospital for quality and safety, and we are a magnet designated hospital for nursing care.
AdventHealth is conveniently close to many gorgeous homes, downtown urban living, shopping, and great schools. As one of the most visited American cities, Orlando has world-class attractions including Universal Studios, Walt Disney World, and easy access to both coasts for numerous world renown beaches. Orlando is home to major league soccer (Orlando City Lions), NBA basketball (Orlando Magic) as well as University of Central Florida sports. The city also has many public and private universities and colleges. The Dr. Phillips Center for Performing Arts hosts variety of musical and theatrical performances throughout the year.
- Hospital Website
- Orange County Parks and Recreation
- Seminole County Parks and Recreation
- Orange County Florida
- Osceola County Florida