AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s ten campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Heart of Florida, Kissimmee, Lake Wales, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares.
AdventHealth Medical Group Internal Medicine at Tavares – APRN or PA
Full Time Outpatient Position Located in Tavares, FL
The APP, under the supervision of the Physicians is responsible for:
• Performs physical examinations of patients, assessment and treatment of injuries or illnesses for pediatric through geriatric patients, including women’s health
• Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests, such as routine laboratory, X-ray, etc.
• Independent and collaborative medical management of acute and chronic conditions
• Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
• Collaborates with physician supervisor and staff, as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
• Displays a caring and professional attitude at all time as well as maintaining personal and professional growth
• Schedule is Monday-Friday
• Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate extended hours to meet PCMH requirements
• Call rotation
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Enthusiastic team player
• Strong medical decision-making and communication skills
• Willingness to learn
• Flexible, adaptable to change
• Must demonstrate excellence in patient focused medical care & delivery of care
Education and Experience Required:
• Master’s degree in Nursing (FNP) or Physician Assistant studies
• 5 years internal medicine experience
Licensure, Certification, and Registration Required:
• Current, valid Florida APRN or PA-C license
• Current, valid DEA license
• ANCC, AANP or NCCPA (or equivalent) certification
• Current BLS required; ACLS preferred
AdventHealth Waterman (formerly Florida Hospital Waterman) is a 300-bed, full-service community hospital located in the heart of Lake County. Founded in 1938 by Frank Waterman, president of the Waterman Fountain Pen Company, the hospital has grown from an 18-bed facility to a leading provider of acute and home health services in Central Florida. The hospital joined the Adventist Health System in 1992 and moved to its current location in 2003. With more than 1,900 employees and over 300 physicians and advanced practice providers on its medical staff, the hospital treats more than 14,000 inpatients a year and treats over 65,000 patients in its Emergency Department annually.
Beautiful Lake County, where residents and visitors enjoy the quiet pleasures of rural living among 1,400 lakes for fishing and water sports, all within 90 minutes of the Orlando International Airport, East Coast beaches, Gulf Coast beaches, and the Orlando area attractions. The average temperature is 70 degrees, with summer highs in the 90's and winter lows in the 50's and 60's.