AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant, not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s six campuses in Fish Memorial, DeLand, New Smyrna Beach, Daytona Beach, Palm Coast, and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares.
AHMG Internal Medicine at Junior Street, APRN or PA
Full Time APP Position Located in Orange City, FL
The APP, under the supervision of the Physicians is responsible for:
• Performs physical examinations of patients, assessment and treatment of injuries or illnesses for 18+ through geriatric patients, including women’s health
• Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests, such as routine laboratory, X-ray, etc.
• Independent and collaborative medical management of acute and chronic conditions
• Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
• Maintain accurate records and schedules • Collaborates with physician supervisor and staff, as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
• Educate patients and their families on conditions, disease, epidemics and prevention
• Promote good health practices
• Schedule is Monday-Friday
• Call rotation
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Enthusiastic team player
• Passion for geriatrics
• Flexible, adaptable to change
• Must demonstrate excellence in patient focused medical care & delivery of care
Education and Experience Required:
• Master’s degree in Nursing (APRN) or Physician Assistant (PA-C) studies
• 3-5 years of clinical practice experience in Family Medicine
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
• Current, valid Florida APRN or PA-C license
• Current, valid DEA license
• ANCC, AANP or NCCPA (or equivalent) certification
• Current BLS required
AdventHealth Fish Memorial is a comprehensive, full service, 175-bed acute care community hospital located in Orange City, Florida. It is part of the Adventist Health System, the largest Protestant, not-for-profit hospital system in America. The hospital is fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.
We’re Here to Help You Feel Whole
- Serving Florida Since 1908
AdventHealth is an internationally renowned healthcare system that specializes in life-saving medical treatments, preventative care and pioneering research. Our healing network includes 26 hospitals and more than 100 extended service locations across the state of Florida. Everything we do is designed to fulfill our ultimate goal — to help people live a healthier, fuller life in mind, body and spirit.
Volusia County is home to not only some of Florida’s best beaches, but also the world-famous Daytona International Speedway. And if you’re willing to venture out a bit farther, the many attractions of Central Florida—from Disney World to swimming with dolphins to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter—are at your fingertips.
Arts and Culture:
- St. Augustine Lighthouse and Museum
- Castillo de San Marcos
- Southeast Museum of Photography
- Halifax Historical Museum
For more information on the area’s many amenities and attractions, please visit:
- Daytona Beach Culture
- Daytona Beach Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Ormond Beach Chamber of Commerce
- St. Augustine Visitors Guide