Opportunities in the ICU – AdventHealth Central Florida
At AdventHealth we believe it’s about more than mending what’s broken and healing what hurts, it’s about compassionate, lifelong, whole-person care. Start changing lives today by joining a healthcare system where we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion.
#1 in Orlando “America's Best Hospitals 2022-2023." - U.S. News & World Report
#2 Hospital in the State of Florida 2022
#1 Healthiest Workplace in Central Florida or Companies with 10,000 or more team members - SpringBuk
We are looking for PA’s and APRN’s to serve as members of our expanding critical care team. The APP assist in management of critically ill patients in our closed ICU. The ideal candidate would apply specialized skills and knowledge related to ICU settings to contribute to excellence in patient care, research, teaching, consulting and provides leadership to the organization.
The APP under the supervision and direction of the Physician and within the credentialing standards of the Hospital: (other duties as assigned)
• Obtain patient health histories and complete physical examinations and documents findings
• Order and interpret appropriate diagnostic and laboratory tests, explaining the necessity, preparation, nature and anticipated effects of procedure(s) to patients, patient's family, staff and healthcare learners.
• Formulates and implements a treatment plan for acute illness management in collaboration with the designated primary supervising physician and/or attending back-up physician(s) and documents as necessary
• Assesses patients for changes in status and institutes appropriate interventions, including initiation of necessary emergency interventions to stabilize patient.
• Procedures performed but not limited to: inserts and manages arterial catheters, central venous catheters, pulmonary artery catheters, and other procedures commensurate with an ICU environment, CPR; airway management including bag and mask ventilation, endotracheal intubation and extubation, repositioning endotracheal tubes; and defibrillation
• directing administration of life supporting drugs according to established protocols
• Performs and participates in quality/performance improvement activities and clinical research.
• 14 - 12-hour shifts are required per month
• Both Days and nights are required
• 2 weekends per month are required
• Hours are either 7 AM – 7 PM (Day), or 7 PM to 7 AM (night)
• Campus: AH Celebration
• Master’s Degree in Nursing (Acute Care Certificate required) or Physician Assistant (PA) Studies
• 5 years of ICU RN experience OR 3 years as APRN in the ICU
• 3 years as a PA in the ICU OR 5 years as a PA in a surgical specialty
• Current, valid Florida APRN or PA-C License
• Acute Care Certificate Required for APRN’s
• Current ACLS and BLS certification
• FCCS, ATLS certifications (highly preferred but not required)
AdventHealth Celebration is a 317 bed, state-of-the-art hospital that serves as a showcase of innovation and excellence in healthcare. Our reputation for delivering highly efficient, patient-focused and cost-effective care allows us to achieve optimum health and wellness for patients with an emphasis on healing the whole person - mind, body and spirit. AdventHealth Celebration has been serving the residents of Osceola, Orange, Polk and Lake counties, and patients from around the world.
AdventHealth is conveniently close to many gorgeous homes, downtown urban living, shopping, and great schools. As one of the most visited American cities, Orlando has world-class attractions including Universal Studios, Walt Disney World, and easy access to both coasts for numerous world renown beaches. Orlando is home to major league soccer (Orlando City Lions), NBA basketball (Orlando Magic) as well as University of Central Florida sports. The city also has many public and private universities and colleges. The Dr. Phillips Center for Performing Arts hosts variety of musical and theatrical performances throughout the year.
- Orange County Parks and Recreation
- Seminole County Parks and Recreation
- Orange County Florida
- Osceola County Florida
- Hospital Website